What's new

Takoyaki

layn

Both Wings Of An Angel
20 Nov 2004
I love takoyaki, and I 'll try to make some, but I haven't found any easy recipe,
please if anyone here can give me any recipes or just an advice,
I really thankfull for that.. ☝

I love Takoyaki,, first time i eat it was a bit wierd though.. but good...

shouldnt yo have a machine to make it???

btw... Kansai is well known for most people having this machine.. does the kanto area have something like this too?

Yeah, takoyaki is yummy! Hey Harvey, it doesn't tell you how to make it. So, yeah, if anybody knows how to make it, can you tell us please?

After reading this post, I've been looking for a 100yen steal takoyaki pan. But so far, I have not. I saw ones a while ago, and you can find some sites with the photos, so there must be somewhere. The easiest way would be to buy more expensive pans...

I've just been to a festival, and saw a lot of food stalls there. I found a hybrid takoyaki and tried them.
They are bigger than normal takoyaki in size, and as you can see the attachments, a hard boiled quail's egg! as well as a piece of tako are in them.

Last edited:
I love Takoyaki, and I make them, too. 👍
This is a recipe of Takoyaki.

Ingredients: (for 20 balls)

boiled Octopus
green onion
pickled ginger
tenkasu, salad oil
70 grams flour
1tea spoon of soy sauce, sugar
1/4 spoon of salt
1 egg
300cc dashi (soup stock)
1 table spoon of skim milk

How to make:

Cut octopus into small pieces.
Cut green onion and pickeled ginger into migingiri (mince).
Beat egg, add dashi.
Add flour and salt, mix lightly for making batter.
Heat and oil takoyaki plate well.
Pour batter into molds on hot plate and put octopus, green onion, pickled ginger and tenkasu on each top. Heat a while.
When batter on the edge of the molds become cooked, gather batter outside of the molds into the center together with fillngs. Use senmaidoushi (skewer) to gather.
When batter browns turn over to form balls. Continue to heat while turning it over and over until balls become evenly browned and well cooked inside.
Top with sauce, powdered katsuo and aonori, (and mayonaise if you like)

nice gaijin said:
best Takoyaki is in Osaka, hands down. dutch baka has the hook-up now :)

if been only 1 day in Osaka, but this Takoyaki shops are on every corner!!!!!!!

mmmmm love the Takoyaki... * okonamiyaki more though,, NE KARA*

WOW takebon, that looks pretty good excually, i want to try it, even it didnt worked as you wanted it to be.

!!!

I just did an entry on home-made takoyaki on my website! Check it out!
Japannewbie.com

We recently had a takoyaki party at a friends house and ate our eyeballs out~~ Too much Takoyaki!

I didn't write details on how to make it, but ralian has us covered there :)

ralian said:
I love Takoyaki, and I make them, too. 👍
This is a recipe of Takoyaki.
Ingredients: (for 20 balls)
boiled Octopus
green onion
pickled ginger
tenkasu, salad oil
70 grams flour
1tea spoon of soy sauce, sugar
1/4 spoon of salt
1 egg
300cc dashi (soup stock)
1 table spoon of skim milk
How to make:
Cut octopus into small pieces.
Cut green onion and pickeled ginger into migingiri (mince).
Beat egg, add dashi.
Add flour and salt, mix lightly for making batter.
Heat and oil takoyaki plate well.
Pour batter into molds on hot plate and put octopus, green onion, pickled ginger and tenkasu on each top. Heat a while.
When batter on the edge of the molds become cooked, gather batter outside of the molds into the center together with fillngs. Use senmaidoushi (skewer) to gather.
When batter browns turn over to form balls. Continue to heat while turning it over and over until balls become evenly browned and well cooked inside.
Top with sauce, powdered katsuo and aonori, (and mayonaise if you like)

thanks for the recipie i must try it! I'm just used to buying the mix and adding the octopus myself. I haven't ever tried MAKING it.

I dont have the little pan to make it in. Do you think that it might turn out just the same if i cooked in in sort of a pankacke form like all of its -yaki cousins? :?

if been only 1 day in Osaka, but this Takoyaki shops are on every corner!!!!!!!

mmmmm love the Takoyaki... * okonamiyaki more though,, NE KARA*

That's right! And it's cheap, and good!

Once you make the simple batter (flour/water), you can add things to the takoyaki like Kimchii, Konyaku, negi, fresh mozarella tako, ebi (steamed shrimp) and anything you can imagine....

Hehehe Takoyaki, this brings a lot of Japan memories =D!! the fist time I tried them I was like : What's this!? kinda weird but... I like it!! ^_____^ I only had the Nogayan takoyakis while I was in japan but I've heard you can have the best takoyakis in Osaka or something like that =P

Back
Top Bottom