What's new

Manga-ka

Koneko

先輩
22 Jul 2005
I'm an American college student who is working on going to Japan to be a manga-ka. (For now, I'll be going on a student visa.)

However, the oddity of this dream for me is... I have the story part down, but I can't draw very well. So, I'm hoping to find someone to be my artist to help me. I know I won't be in Japan for a while, but I wanted to try to get some sort of team work sorted out as soon as possible.

If anyone here can help me out or knows of something that might help, I'd truly appreciate it. If you are interested in being my artist, simply contact me for details.

Arigato gozaimasu! 🙂

do you want someone from Japan to help you or do you want someone here to draw and e-mail it?

Do you want to make your debut as Manga-ka in Japan?

The publishing company in Japan is always receiving the contribution of manga.
コミックス - ヤングガンガン -SQUARE ENIX-

ビジネスジャンプ公式ホームページ移転のお知らせ

http://jump.shueisha.co.jp/henshu/manga/index.html

http://ultra.shueisha.co.jp/00_HP2/competition/competition_frame.htm

各賞・作品募集

ツ新ツ人窶毒ク窶ーテヲツ湘愬椎クツ催オニ探ニ辰ニ暖
http://homepage2.nifty.com/tekitou/sho/

Kiyomi said:
do you want someone from Japan to help you or do you want someone here to draw and e-mail it?

Well, someone from/in Japan would be preferable, but I'll accept either. Beggars can't be choosers, ne? :)

And thank you for the links Hiroyuki Nagashima! I really appreciate it!

A Japanese Manga-ka
Kitagawa Syou (birthday 1967/6/28)
In 1981, as for him, Manga-ka made its debut at the age of 13 years old
きたがわ翔 - Wikipedia
408876024709LZZZZZZZ-1.jpg

Girl MANGA
Much Manga-ka makes their debut in the teens.

A list of Japanese MANGA-KA
日本の漫画家一覧 - Wikipedia

TwistedMac said:
... if you wanna work as a manga-ka... you should probably learn how to draw.
Hmm, this is an interesting suggestion. I've never taken art lessons for any extended period, but I've alway enjoyed the art experience. I once had an old book by a certain Alexander (?) and I was amazed at how my eyes and my hands could be coordinated to represent an object on a piece of paper ! Mind-expanding ? You bet.

It may not seem to be your cup of tea, but dabbling a bit into visual representation could open up new areas of your creativity... who knows if you have always had that hidden talent ? Just mess around with pencil and paper and have some fun ! :D

TwistedMac said:
... if you wanna work as a manga-ka... you should probably learn how to draw.

lexico said:
Hmm, this is an interesting suggestion. I've never taken art lessons for any extended period, but I've alway enjoyed the art experience. I once had an old book by a certain Alexander (?) and I was amazed at how my eyes and my hands could be coordinated to represent an object on a piece of paper ! Mind-expanding ? You bet.

It may not seem to be your cup of tea, but dabbling a bit into visual representation could open up new areas of your creativity... who knows if you have always had that hidden talent ? Just mess around with pencil and paper and have some fun ! :D

Thank you both for the suggestion. (I'm afraid I missed your comment the first time around TwistedMac 😌 Gomen nasai.)

However, I've attempted drawing and I really just don't have the knack. At first, this discouraged me until someone let me borrow their copy of Tokyo Mew Mew. For that manga, Reiko Yoshida did the story and Mia Ikumi did the artwork. That sort of rekindled the dream.

It also encouraged me to learn that it's the same deal for Death Note. It was written by Tsugumi Ooba, but Takeshi Obata did the art.

So, my artwork may lack, but there's hope yet. ^_^

I'll do it. Pick me! 😄

No seriously I don't have the determination for it and I live in a artist block... but there was a girl some time ago who had made a similar thread saying she wanted to be a manga-ka as well. She was very determined. I wonder if she still frequents here. :?

pinkkillerkisou said:
...but there was a girl some time ago who had made a similar thread saying she wanted to be a manga-ka as well. She was very determined. I wonder if she still frequents here. :?

Really? Thanks for the info. I'll look around for her. (It's always nice to talk to people with similar goals. ^_^ )

i want to try and illustrate. could you send me a portion of the story you have in mind. lets see if i can help

*Shock 😲

Omg, I wanted to be a mangaka too!!! I'm only in middle school (going on high this fall) but ever since sixth grade, I've been drawing non-stop. My artwork was terrible back then and I had no idea why people told me I draw good when now I look back and see the ugly mistakes I've made repeatedly. It's been two years now... I wouldn't say I'm a good drawer but I have improved a lot cuz there was this point when I drew for 6 hours a day during the whole summer.

Seriously, I wanted to ask someone about this but no one had the same dream I had so they would never understand me... Koneko-san, "what did you think of a mangaka's job?"

This might sound silly (I don't even have to worry about it this early) but some times, I would tell myself that most artists would choose to be a graphic designer cuz it's probably a better paying job... is that true though? Do you worry about this sometimes? I hate it when people say I want to become a "comic illustrator". Maybe it means the same thing but I just don't like the sound of it cuz it sounds like such a "low-life" job. (lol) So my future is left undecided cuz of these silly thoughts.

I still have a lot more to learn but with only what I have now, I'm pretty confident to start drawing my own manga. I have the whole entire plot made up and I also had each of the characters individually designed but I don't know how to publish the real work.

You've heard of Tokyopop right? Well, my art teacher and G/T teacher were my great supporters. They tried to call/e-mail all the way to California just to help me get information on submitting an actual manga... but no luck. (The info on the site is confusing -_-) The first time they answered our call, they said their supervisor (or person in charge) isn't there and after that call, they never answered us anymore...

Can you or anyone else help me find a way to get my manga published in America? I know this is a very late post since the last one was in Jan. but please, if anyone reads this, please help me! :( :( :(

Koneko: I wish i can help you! >.< However I am still a beginner in drawing. ^^;; My skills are not good enough to become a mangaka. I know so little. However, don't give up in you dreams. I've always wanted to become a mangaka when i am older myself. I hope you do get your work published. ^^ Best of luck!

Razuberi Tsukino: so lucky. ^^ I'm very glad you have people to support you, to help you reach closer to your dreams. Don't give up! And i think you can try sending it to their address. Maybe that will work? I have tried that before however it didn't work. ^^;; I also wish you luck. Don't give up! keep on drawing. ^__^

I'm an American college student who is working on going to Japan to be a manga-ka. (For now, I'll be going on a student visa.)
However, the oddity of this dream for me is... I have the story part down, but I can't draw very well. So, I'm hoping to find someone to be my artist to help me. I know I won't be in Japan for a while, but I wanted to try to get some sort of team work sorted out as soon as possible.
If anyone here can help me out or knows of something that might help, I'd truly appreciate it. If you are interested in being my artist, simply contact me for details.
Arigato gozaimasu! 🙂

i can draw... but i'm looking for a school to further improve my skills hhehe if you want you can chack out my works😊...

This might not be the best topic to ask, but there isn't a better one at the moment. So my question is, do they use scriptwriters for animes in japan? I mean is it common, or the drawers make up the story as well? I mean my drawing skills are poor, so poor that i would write poor with capitals if it wouldn't be impolite, but on the other hand (im not saying this to praise myself, don't misunderstand) i always had a vivid imagination, and i loved and still love stories with camradery, post-apocalyptic content, well various kinda stuff, im going to study law, but if it was possible to become a scriptwriter/storywriter i'd go study that after law (takes 3 years, writing that is). I just want to know if i would stand a chance... would i? Thank you.

as far as i know, mangakas write their own stories down to the art and cover and some other stuffs that their production company wants them to do.
As for the anime scriptwriter.... i think there are a few for those anime movies.... but the anime episodes... i think yeah. but still it needs to be based on the manga..

i hope i was able to answer your question

Thank you, of course, you answered them all. Well i guess its either:
a, write something splendid that would be made into anime
b, learn to draw
c, make revolutionary changes in the world of anime

Its easy isn't it? :D Well hell knows, lemme first learn japanese, than i'll pop up at their door and tell them they need a scriptwriter :D probably it'll be a lynch court, may the Good Lord prove me wrong :D

style of drawing or type of story? chibi and comedy!!! but i like doing a challenge especially a drama challenge for a story... hehehe

Back
Top Bottom