What's new
kanemitsu-junmai-ginjo-sakurafubuki-01.jpg

Kanemitsu Sakurafubuki Junmai Ginjō

Kanemitsu Sakurafubuki Junmai Ginjō is made of Hattannishiki rice milled to 50% (Kōjimai) resp. 60% (Kakemai). Sakurafubuki translates to a "flurry of falling sakura petals".
Leave a rating

Sake specs

Prefecture
Hiroshima (広島)
Rice type
Hattan Nishiki (八反錦)
Polishing rate (semaibuai)
Kōjimai 50%, Kakemai 60%
Alcohol content
16%
Kanemitsu Sakurafubuki Junmai Ginjō (金光 桜吹雪 純米吟醸)

Kanemitsu Sakurafubuki Junmai Ginjō (金光 桜吹雪 純米吟醸) is made of Hattannishiki rice milled to 50% (Kōjimai) resp. 60% (Kakemai). Sakurafubuki (桜吹雪) translates to a "flurry of falling sakura petals". It has a clear, transparent flavour and a smooth mouthfeel, especially when heated. Recommended food pairings are tofu and zaruzoba in summer and hot pot dishes in winter.

Kanemitsu Sakurafubuki Junmai Ginjō (金光 桜吹雪 純米吟醸) Kanemitsu Sakurafubuki Junmai Ginjō (金光 桜吹雪 純米吟醸) Kanemitsu Sakurafubuki Junmai Ginjō (金光 桜吹雪 純米吟醸) Kanemitsu Sakurafubuki Junmai Ginjō (金光 桜吹雪 純米吟醸)


Kanemitsu Brewery

About the brewery

Brewery
Kanemitsu Shuzō
Name in Japanese
金光酒造
Address
1364-2 Kurosechō Nomio, Higashihiroshima, Hiroshima 739-2622
Phone
0823-82-2006
Website
kanemitsu-logo.png
Kanemitsu Shuzō is located in Kurose, Higashihiroshima. The brewery was founded in 1880 and used the brands of "Kamo no Tsuyu'" (賀茂の露), "Onizuru" (鬼酔), and "Sakurafubuki" (桜吹雪), but now sells the premium sake under Sakurafubuki. In the early 1990s, it was longer viable to maintain a system of employing seasonal brewers, and the brewery switched to a permanent employment scheme. In the 2000s, Kanemitsu started doing direct business with liquor stores and shipping nationwide.

The brewery uses 100% domestic rice, 80% of which is produced in Hiroshima Prefecture, in particular, Hattannishiki, the representative brewer's rice of Hiroshima Prefecture, and Senbonnishiki for Daiginjō and Junmai Daiginjō. The remaining 20% of rice is from Okayama and Hyōgo: Akaiwa Ōmachi (produced in Akaiwa, Okayama) and Yamadanishiki (from Tōjō, Hyōgo).

Awards:

  • National New Sake Appraisal (全国新酒鑑評会): Gold Award in 2008-2012, 2014-2018, 2020-2022
  • Kura Master: 2018 Junmai Daiginjō / Junmai Ginjō Category "Kamo Kanehide Junmai Daiginjō 40" Platinum Award; 2019 Junmai Category "Kamo Kanehide Special Pure Rice" Gold Award
  • Hiroshima Regional Taxation Bureau Sake Appraisal (広島国税局清酒鑑評会): 2021 Ginjō Category Excellence Award Chief Representative Award
  • Hiroshima Sake Competition (広島県清酒品評会): 2021 Senbonnishiki Category "Gold Award", 2020 Senbonnishiki Category "Silver Award", 2018 Senbonnishiki Category Bronze Award, 2012 Senbonnishiki Gold Award, 2010 Senbonnishiki Category Gold Award
  • Saijō Sake Competition (西条清酒品評会): 2020 and 2009 "Winner"
  • IWC: 2017 Sakurafubuki Daiginjō Bronze Award
  • SAKE COMPETITION: 2019 Ginjō Category "Sakurafubuki Daiginjō" "Gold Award 4th", Junmai Daiginjō Category "Junmai Daiginjō 40" Silver Award, Junmai Ginjō Category "Junmai Ginjō Aizan" Silver Award

Latest reviews

Colour / hue
Gold
Clarity
Clear
In the past, thirteen breweries existed in Kurose, Higashihiroshima; today, Kanemitsu remains the last. Sakurafubuki has a yellow hue, and a nose of green apples and pears, caramel and pudding. Fruity flavours of plum and dried apricot, perfectly harmonious with slight acidity and tardiness--clean finish. Kanemitsu will remain on our radar.

Kanemitsu Sakurafubuki Junmai Ginjō (金光 桜吹雪 純米吟醸)
Upvote 0

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Table of contents

sake information

Category
Junmai Ginjō
Added by
JREF
Views
956
Reviews
1
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Location
〒739-2622 広島県東広島市黒瀬町乃美尾1364-2

More in Junmai Ginjō

More from JREF

Back
Top Bottom