- Nagano (長野)
- Rice type
- Miyama Nishiki (美山錦)
- Polishing rate (semaibuai)
- Alcohol content
Kametaya's Alps Masamune Junmai Daiginjō (アルプス正宗 純米大吟醸) is made of Miyama Nishiki rice grown in Matsukawa Village, Nagano Prefecture, milled down to 49%. It is rich, full-bodied and very palatable and has a robust fruity aroma of white grapes and herbs—strong lingering umami. The brewery recommends drinking it as an aperitif, in a wine glass, or pairing it with light dishes such as white meat sashimi.
- Gold medal in the Daiginjō category at the Fine Sake Award Japan 2016
- 5-STAR SAKE 2018 Five-star certification
- Omotenashi Selection 2020 Gold Award
- Kura Master 2020 Gold Award
About the brewery
- Kametaya Shuzōten
- Name in Japanese
- 2748 Shimadachi, Matsumoto, Nagano 390-0852
The brewery uses subsoil water from the Northern Alps pumped up from 62 metres underground (soft water with a temperature of 15 degrees Celsius) and locally grown Miyama Nishiki rice produced by contracted farmers, who have reduced the use of pesticides to half the average amount.