- Shizuoka (静岡)
- Rice type
- Yamada Nishiki (山田錦)
- Polishing rate (semaibuai)
- Alcohol content
- ＋3 ~ ＋4
- 1. 5
- Amino acid level
An elegant and light Junmai Ginjō sake made from 100% Yamada Nishiki from Shizuoka prefecture. With a low alcohol content of 14.5%, it is easy to drink and goes well with food, making it an ideal table sake.
About the brewery
- Hananomai Sake Brewery Co.
- Japanese name
- 632 Miyaguchi, Hamakita Ward, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 434-0004
The brewery was founded in 1864 by Takada Ichizaburo (高田市三郎) in Miyaguchi, Aratama Village, in Tōtōmi Province. The name "Hana-no-Mai" (花の舞) derives from one of the ancient dances traditionally performed in the Tenryu River delta. The word hana represents the flower of rice, which is the source of life and is used to pray for a good harvest. Hikusa Shuzo was established in 1949 and renamed Hananomai Sake Brewery in 1956. All rice used is produced in Shizuoka Prefecture.
- 2000: Gold Prize at the National New Sake Competition.
- 2002: Junmai Daiginjō won the Gold Prize at the Monde Selection. Awarded Gold Prize at the National New Sake Competition.
- 2003: Gold Prize in the Monde Selection for two consecutive years.
- 2005: Awarded the Gold Prize at the All-American Sake Awards.
- 2006: Awarded the Governor's Prize at the Shizuoka Prefecture New Sake Competition.
- 2010: Chobitto Kanpai won the Gold Prize at Monde Selection.
- 2011: Chobitto Kanpai won Gold Prize at Monde Selection for two consecutive years.
- 2012: Daiginjō and Honjōzo were awarded an honourable mention at the Nagoya Regional Taxation Bureau's sake evaluation. Chobitto Kanpai won the Gold Medal at Monde Selection for three consecutive years.
- 2014: Awarded three major prizes at the 2014 Shizuoka Sake Competition (awarded Prefectural Governor's Prize at the Shizuoka New Sake Competition, Superior Prize at the Nagoya Regional Taxation Bureau New Sake Competition and Gold Prize at the National New Sake Competition)
- 2016: Junmai Ginjō Konnyo wa Kanedane won the Shizuoka Trophy at the International Wine Challenge
- 2017: Junmai Ginjō Ii Naotora, brewed in honour of Onna Jōshi Ii Naotora, was awarded the Gold Medal at the National New Sake Competition.
- 2018 Puchishuwa Lemon Sake Chobitto Kanpai won the gold medal at the National New Sake Competition.
- 2019: Hananomai Abysse won the Good Design Shizuoka Special Award, the Gold Prize at the National New Sake Competition, and was awarded the Superior Prize at the Nagoya Regional Taxation Bureau's New Sake Competition.