The Rough Guide to Japan
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides. World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Get Olympic ready with this practical 'tell it like it is' guidebook to Japan. Featuring extensive listings and maps, this is packed with information to help travellers make the most of their Tokyo 2020 Olympic adventure. Discover Japan with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with our independent experts' practical information and honest recommendations. Whether you plan to make the strenuous but rewarding hike up Mount Fuji, wander through neon-drenched Tokyo, or tour the numerous sake breweries, The Rough Guide to Japan will help you discover the best places to explore, and eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Japan:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most of your trip to Japan
- Detailed mapping: practical full-colour maps with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Osaka, Fukuoka and many more locations without getting online.
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the tranquil, moss-covered temples of Kyoto and an abundance of delicious sushi that will leave you drooling.
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences.
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Naoshima, Yakushima, Hiroshima and Nikko's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information, including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Japan, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Tokyo (and around), Northern Honshu, Hokkaido, Central Honshu, Kyoto and Nara, Kansai, Western Honshu, Shikoku, Kyushu and Okinawa.