- Nishibori Shuzo Co.,Ltd.
- Japanese name
- Sake type
- Junmai Daiginjō
- Tochigi (栃木)
- Rice type
- Ōmachi (雄町)
- Polishing rate (semaibuai)
- Alcohol content
Mongai Fushutsu Junmai Daiginjo Premium 50 (プレミアム 純米大吟醸 門外不出) has a fruity aroma and a full body. Its moderate acidity makes it suitable for wine glasses. The sweetness and soft umami taste and the mellow aroma match very well. In 2017, the Premium 50 won the Ultimate Gold Award in the 'Delicious Sake in a Wine Glass Award' (ワイングラスでおいしい日本酒アワード). The jurors evaluated it as follows:
- "Fruity nose; its acidity is moderately suitable for wine glasses. It remains sweet, interesting."
- "Cheese-like scent. A voluminous taste and acidity."
- "Though its nose is very mild, it surprises your tongue. There is a gap between aroma and taste."
The Nishibori Brewery is located in Oyama, Tochigi Prefecture. It was founded in 1872 and still has storehouses that were built in the late Edo period. The brewery offers tours to visitors.
The brewery is managed by Nishibori Kazuo (西堀和男), the fifth-generation owner and brewmaster. The brewery has two brands, "Wakamori" (若盛) and "Mongai Fushutsu" (門外不出).
- 1452, Awanomiya, Oyama-shi, Tochigi, 329-0201