Zenkoku-ji Temple, Kagurazaka, Iidabashi St., Tokyo Daijingu in a 360 video
Zenkoku-ji Temple (善國寺) was constructed by Tokugawa Ieyasu in 1595 in Nihonbashi Bakurocho. After several fires in 1670 and nine shops before the gates, it was moved to its present home in 1792 and became the centre of the town in Kagurazaka and flourished as "Bishamon-Sama in Kagurazaka" since the late Edo period. From the Meiji period (1868-1912) through the Taisho period (1912-1926), the prosperity of Kagurazaka, which was called "Yamanote Ginza," was actually since the area developed as a temple town of Bishamonten. It is said that this temple was the first place in Tokyo where night stalls began to appear during fairs of temples/shrines. The temple is a six-minute walk from JR Tokyo Iidabashi Metro Station or Ushigome Toei Oedo Line-Kagurazaka Station.
Address: 5-36, Kagurazaka, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 162-0825
Tōkyō Dai-jingū (東京大神宮 ) is a Shintō shrine on Tokyo's Chiyoda Ward. During the Edo period, the greatest desire of every Japanese was to go on a pilgrimage to the Ise Grand Shrine (Ise-daijingū), where reside and are worshipped Amaterasu and other deities. The new era of modern Japan began with the Meiji Restoration in 1868. With the approval of Emperor Meiji, a new shrine was built in Tōkyō in 1880 in honour of the five most important kami: Amaterasu, Ukemochi, Amenominakanushi, Takamimusubi and Kamimusubi, which are associated with Japanese statehood. development, economy and prosperity. This enabled the people of Tōkyō to worship deities residing in Ise from afar. The shrine was named after the Hibiya Dai-jingū after its location, a district in Chiyoda district near the Imperial Palace. The Kantō Earthquake (1923) destroyed the shrine, rebuilt in 1928 in its current location in Iidabashi (also in the Chiyoda district) with its name changed to Iidabashi Dai-jingū. After World War II, it was renamed Tōkyō Dai-jingū. Tōkyō Dai-jingū is known to be the first shrine to organize wedding ceremonies in the Shintō rite. The first wedding ceremony took place in 1900.
Address: 2-4-1, Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0071