What's new

Yoroshiku

Ratings
yoroshiku onegai itashimasu
or
yoroshiku onegaishimasu

Is a very important part of Japanese culture. This phrase is some what equivolent to "I'm depending on you." Although, this has been stated as a polite fiction. It's still used almost anywhere when you have something done for you.

Especially a doctor who is going to operate on you to the simplest service of having something repaired under warranty.

Although, you wouldn't normally use this in English, I still recommend learning this phrase and getting used to people depending on you to get their coffee. No not at a restaurant silly but at someone's home.

Which is why I use the very causual form here at the forums. Yoroshiku == I'm looking forward to sharing threads with you, and welcome you.

Besides if I used the very formal "yoroshiku onegai itashimasu" == My life and future are in your hands, I bet most of you would roll over laughing.

cheers and hope this helps

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Ratings
1 762
[Yoroshiku onegaishimasu] for all your services rendered to this community.

:smile:

Ratings
@ Moyashi
for being you and always bringing a smile to my face...

@ Thomas
for having this great place to talk about one of the main things in my life

Ratings
ahhh, great ... now I'm turning red.

I just hope you'all don't mind my jabbering.

I'm secretly hoping that this forum will make me rich and famous like David Spectre !!! hehe

Ratings
thought I would repost this...good info and no one ever answered my question...who is David Spectre

Ratings
Thanks for the info...sorry to have had to read that though...sounds like a turd.