What's new

Writing inside WWII Naval Officer's Cap Translation

SWPitman

Registered
1 Jul 2015
Hello, I'm new to this site and found it by trying to translate some writing I found in a WWII Naval Officer's Visor Cap, which I have had no luck in doing.
I am going to attach a photo of the label, which he wrote on, and hope you can read it. It was written in ink and is at least 70 years old. I couldn't find any characters in the Kanji, Katakana, or Hiragana dictionary that, to me, looked like what is here. I think it is probably his name. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you, Steve

Attachments

• 002 (640x425).jpg
    002 (640x425).jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 001 (640x425).jpg
    001 (640x425).jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 121
Wow, that was quick.
Thank you so very much.
Now that I have his name, I will try to find out more about him, like what ships he was stationed to, if he survived the war, and what ranks he was promoted to.
Thanks again

Unless he was famous or notorious that would probably involve visiting the archives maintained by the current Self Defense Forces.

Thanks for the information. I know it's probably a lost cause, but it will keep me out of trouble and off the streets. Smile

Unless he was famous or notorious that would probably involve visiting the archives maintained by the current Self Defense Forces.
Hey Mike, me again on this Naval Cap.
I was wondering if the line of characters above his name could be translated. Maybe that is his rank or the ship he served on or possibly where he's from. Thanks

It is his unit/squad, but there isn't enough there to tell much from it.

Back
Top Bottom