What's new

Work at video games companies

Squexy

後輩
9 Oct 2013
I don´t know if trainee programs are common in Japan, so I would like to know if it is common for video games companies in Japan to have trainee programs? (in marketing or international relations departments)

Are there any graduate programs (trainee programs) in video games companies in Japan such as Nintendo or Sony or game developers such as Sega, Square enix, Bandai etc....

Have you checked their websites or contacted them?

There is an increasing use of intern programs in Japan. Just last night on the news they reported that the number of companies offering internships exploded from about 1300 in 2013 to 2,597 this year. However, they did have to translate it and explain to viewers just what an internship is first.

Bandai's recruitment page indicates that they are open to hiring foreigners- if you can take their employment exam in Japanese.

This is one of these questions where, I think, if you have to ask it in English the answer is "no".

I would not be asking if I had not researched, most of this companies have opening jobs, but no Trainee program, you can actually use your time to search the difference between the two instead of replying with that link
:yawn:

I am not looking for an internship, I am looking for a trainee program (it is a program to train new graduated student from Masters or Bachelor degree so they can work as executives in the company)

I still have 3 years to complete my bachelor degree, my current Japanese level won´t help me to search in Yahoo but I will try to use google translator, thanks you all by the answers.

新卒採用 is the term in Japanese, and yes, all the big companies will have some system for hiring new graduates. You won't find much information, if any, in English, though. Google translate won't be of much use, so better get working on your Japanese.

This is an interesting blog post (English) by someone who applied to work at Nintendo. It's actually quite impressive imo that he got as far as the on-site tests, his Japanese must be excellent.

I am not looking for an internship, I am looking for a trainee program (it is a program to train new graduated student from Masters or Bachelor degree so they can work as executives in the company)
That assumes you get hired as a full-time company employee, and it's pretty standard for most mid- to large-sized companies.

LMGTFY - Let Me Google That For You

http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1666630
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/csr/en/report2013/07/index.html

I suggest you contact the companies directly for information beyond these links.

Back
Top Bottom