What's new

Word translate

Ruth314

Registered
12 Dec 2015
Sorry to disturb you but maybe you can help me. I need to input a password which is unfortunately in Japanese (seen in pic below) and I have to choose it from a set of keys given which are also in japenese. Could you possibly guide me to which keys I have to press in order to get the password I need?
Thanks
Password:
upload_2015-12-11_18-59-35.png

Keys:
upload_2015-12-11_19-0-48.png

upload_2015-12-11_19-2-11.png

おうへい(most likely this one)
If that doesn't work and you can input password as many times as you like you can try these, but I doubt that any of them will work.
よこへい or よこひょ.
And if none of them work wait for someone who knows Japanese better then I do.

Sorry to disturb you but maybe you can help me. I need to input a password which is unfortunately in Japanese (seen in pic below) and I have to choose it from a set of keys given which are also in japenese. Could you possibly guide me to which keys I have to press in order to get the password I need?
Thanks
Password:
upload_2015-12-11_18-59-35-png.22232

Keys:
upload_2015-12-11_19-0-48-png.22233

upload_2015-12-11_19-2-11-png.22234
If that doesn't work and you can input password as many times as you like you can try these, but I doubt that any of them will work.
よこへい or よこひょ.
よこへい or よこひょ.

よこへい or よこひょ.

Dude, that's Yokohama....

OP, did you really need to post this in THREE places?

Enter the kana for Yokohama and then press the 変換 button.

Dude, that's Yokohama....

OP, did you really need to post this in THREE places?

Enter the kana for Yokohama and then press the 変換 button.
Yeah sorry for that but didn't know where it was good to post. what do you mean to enter kana for yokohama please??

Assuming you can find the R by yourself, then enter in よ こ は ま then press the 変換 button and you should see 横浜 appear.

Assuming you can find the R by yourself, then enter in よ こ は ま then press the 変換 button and you should see 横浜 appear.
Thanks guys for all your help, I did as you said and the characters I needed appeared but still this message is appearing:
upload_2015-12-11_21-23-7.png

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Looking at the three separate images you uploaded to your media gallery, it appears you managed to input the password correctly - and yet the message says it's wrong. Is it possible it's actually wrong? Can you contact the store for confirmation?

Last edited:
Very difficult to figure it out this way. Maybe you could upload a video of what you're doing.

But at least I learned what 横兵 means.
... You don't learn it correctly yet, I'm afraid. It's 横, whereas what you are thinking about is 横. 浜 can't be read へい. (And a reading of 兵 is ひょ, not ひょ.)

Is R横浜 the password or a hint to the password? It doesn't make sense to me to show a plaintext password next to the keyboard where you enter it, so perhaps it's a reference to something separate (e.g. code in the manual that came with the device) which tells you what to enter.

... You don't learn it correctly yet, I'm afraid. It's 横, whereas what you are thinking about is 横. 浜 can't be read へい. (And a reading of 兵 is ひょ, not ひょ.)
I know that yokohama is 横浜 something I also learned, but what I was talking about is 横兵 which apparently is move in shogi and is read as おうへい。
And yeah thanks I didn't notice that it's long.

Last edited:
what I was talking about is 横兵 which apparently is move in shogi and is read as おうへい。
The reading is correct, but 横兵 refers to a piece in an uncommon shōgi/shougi, not a move. (It's not shogi, btw. You have to keep in mind that how important it is to distinguish long vowels from short vowels in Japanese language.)

it seems the password is not 横浜 but R横浜 after all. @Ruth314 press 英数字 which should give you latin characters, input R, then go back to かな tab and input よこはま.
The result should be Rよこはま. If that fails try あるよこはま instead.

it seems the password is not 横浜 but R横浜 after all. @Ruth314 press 英数字 which should give you latin characters, input R, then go back to かな tab and input よこはま.
The result should be Rよこはま. If that fails try あるよこはま instead.
I shall try with the second option since the first one doesnt seem to wrk. about the R character i know I inputtd it before the japanese characers as you said and still it didnt wrk

Why would it show you the password on the screen and then tell you to enter the password? That doesn't make sense. Even more so considering the content of the error message.

OP: That may not be the password at all. Do you have some reason for thinking it is? Show us a larger view of the screen where you see that.

I shall try with the second option since the first one doesnt seem to wrk. about the R character i know I inputtd it before the japanese characers as you said and still it didnt wrk
Shouldn't it be アル or you write Latin letters in hiragana?
I read somewhere that those head units come locked from Japan and you need some kind of disk to unlock them, and that "video shop" should have that disk.
Not sure what was meant with video shop since there aren't really anything like that where I live.

I was wondering what device this could be. Then I remembered just how amazing Google's image search is: トヨタ・ダイハツ 純正DVDナビND3T-W57ジャンク品 - ヤフオク!

uridesu2014-img600x448-14429627725jg9fy30800.jpg

A DVD-based navigation unit... Interesting, never knew these existed. The password is apparently something you set up yourself as theft protection, not for unlocking maps. Of course, if you forget this password or didn't receive it when getting it second-hand, the unit ends up as ジャンク (junk) like the one above...

Other photos of devices with a similar password screen show that the R横浜 is indeed most likely the password hint, not the password itself:

tamura6204-img600x450-1438525597deuhy131583.jpg

(好きな食べ物は? = "What's your favourite food?")

Last edited:
Yeah sorry for that but didn't know where it was good to post. what do you mean to enter kana for yokohama please??
For future reference, if you post in one place the majority of users who may be helpful will probably see it since they probably click the 'New Posts' link to just see all new posts.

Can you ask the previous owner of this device for the password they set up?

Though I do wonder how you're going to use the device if it's in Japanese and you don't understand Japanese...

Back
Top Bottom