What's new

Why Japan is not able to design commercial airplane

Mansoor

Sempai
4 Mar 2016
While Japan is a capable country in technology, I am thinking why it is not able to design and manufacture commercial airplane?

Thank you Majestic for your notification. The small regional jet seems nice, but I did mean manufacturing the huge commercial airplanes like Boeing and Airbus, in a large number.
My question was that, what caused Japan could not compete with those western companies in the field of huge airplanes production?

Why doesn't Iran design commercial aircraft, instead of ballistic missiles?

But they have their very own stealth fighter. ;)

image.jpeg

Iran's Stealth Fighter is Probably an Elaborate Fraud - The Atlantic

Designing ballistic missile in Iran is just a defensive program. Our policy is not militarism, but we are trying to have had a widespread relationship with other people and governments. Missiles or other weapons are not somethings that we lean on them. They are just some defensive weapons for protecting borders.

Our policy is based on humanity, land remediation, relationship, friendship, helping and saving others.

Our culture have learned us to be kind to others and try to help them exactly. It has taught us to consider others as our, and choose for others the same that we choose for ourselves.

Tending to power, weapon, war, hurting people and expanding territory is the manner of selfish and lawless leaders and their communities.
Iran product missile to scare and discourage those lawless and cruel enemies that are await to attack Iran.
Iran never tends to war but it will expand all its defensive program and will product every necessary defensive weapon to secure its boundaries and territory in every threatening condition.

As far as I know, Iran has made a fighter named "Qaher", but I don't think these is a program for designing commercial airplane, at present.

The Qaher-313, also Ghaher-313, Conqueror (Tamer)-313, Q-313, F-313) is a planned Iranian single-seat stealth fighter aircraft that was publicly announced on 1 February 2013. A press presentation about the project was made by previous President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi on 2 February 2013, as part of the Ten-Day Dawn ceremonies.

Last edited:
Israel not only doesn't shame and kills hundreds of unarmed Palestinian citizens (that are the owner of Israel), but frequently its occupant regime threatened Iran shamelessly that it will attack Iran. Israel even threatened that it will have a nuclear attack to our nuclear power plant in Bushehr state.

What do you expect?
We heard those lawlessly threats from Israelis and remained quiet?!
Didn't design those ballistic missiles for defense, in respond to the Israel's threats?
Didn't scare and discourage the murderous army of Israel with our missile power?

After a series of threats of Israel, hundreds of those missiles targeted the sensitive military bases and installations of Israel.
If Iran defense forces didn't demonstrate their defensive ability, what warranty would exist they didn't attack to Iran?

Even in recent missile tests which Iran tested its newest and updated models of missiles, it was a warning to enemies that have some bad plans and plots versus Iran. It was just a demonstration of defensive power of Iran to every threat and invasion.

Last edited:
I have to disagree a bit there, Majestic. I don't wish to presume to tell the site owner and moderators how to run this board, but threads always seem to wander off course to some degree. And there doesn't seem to be too many threads for the mods to keep track of. The topic of Japan's non-existent large commercial aircraft seems to have been pretty well covered.

Well, its now become an anti-Israeli diatribe, which seems a bit too far astray from Japanese aeronautical design. Given the nature of the other threads started by our new member Mansoor-san, I think there is sufficient justification to try and corral some of these threads.

You have a point. I'm thinking of starting a new thread on US-Iran relations and Israel in the appropriate sub-forum, but have a bit of difficulty constructing a post that wouldn't seem to be baiting him.

Possible to lock this thread, or get it back on topic?
That's probably what Mansoor was pursuing all along, so that some propaganda department he's working for could brag about lack of freedom of speech on western forums. But i couldn't agree more with suggestion to lock the thread. I couldn't care less about what propaganda department of Iran is up to, but i do care about the forum staying nice and comfy.

Why does Japan need to build one as other countries/companies already are doing a good job building commercial airplanes.

Japan is good at certain things and I think it's good for them to focus on that. No need to build 1000 things when you can build 100 things very good.

I didn't want to start a political discussion, but Ronald started:

However, I received an email from one of the moderators a few days ago. He had told me, my posts seemed to be trolling and what I had told, were opposite to forum rules.

I don't think so. I just responded to the questions or expressions that some writers declared.
Nonetheless, after the email I decided to leave JF forever, because I thought, somebodies will get rid me and will become happy that I have left this forum!

But when I returned to JF to become log out forever, I told myself, despite their hate of some of my posts ( that I mention Israel and the similar things) they love my writing, questions and storytelling inwardly, so it is not a wisely decision that I leave them without informing or even a voting!

I also considered that If I want to stay in JF, I should not talk about Israel and similar topics, be quiet and keep the facts in my mind for myself!
So I ask some posters, don't bring up political topic so that I have to write a comment around the subject.

Thank you

Last edited:
If you're here in good faith, you are welcome. However when you post random questions or statement that don't seem to have any basis in fact, it appears to be trolling.
(Although I have to agree with you that in this particular thread it was somebody else who brought up Iran & ballistic missiles.)

As the guilty party, I can only plead that I viewed his thread here as trolling. It appeared to be a veiled criticism of Japan for not being intelligent or innovative enough to design a commercial aircraft.

Mansoor, it would be nice if you could add (non-blog) sources for your various factual claims. Some of your claims are interesting because they are contrary to what I hear in my own country, but I need more than just your word to take them seriously. I welcome your participation, because it's not often I hear the viewpoint of someone from a nation that is an enemy to my own.

My purpose was not that Japan is not intelligent! I never write such offensive things about others. That was just a suspicion.
Japan is the motherland of new electronic technology ( Transistor and IC inventions) and also its other industries are excellent, among its car industry that sometimes is higher than American and European cars such as Ford, Mustang, Chevrolet, Jugular, Fiat, BMW, Audi, Peugeot, Citroen and other brands (Except Benz ! In my opinion, It is the best brand in the world. I love it very much and always wished to have a Benz, even a lower model, but sadly I hadn't enough money to buy one ).
However, Japanese engineers are among the best experts in the world, and Japan industries are among the bests as well.
But sadly the political system of Japan is under license of U.S and is dependent. Japanese are not free to decide solely and they have to follow America policies.

For example, when Iran was defending against dictator Arab, Saddam's army that had attacked to western borders of Iran (that unwanted war was called, 8 years holly defense), we bought a series of Toyota vehicles from Japan for defensive fronts. But sadly Japan left us alone suddenly and didn't sell those vehicles to us, based on order of America politicians.
Japan was the first country that participated in the unjustly economic sanctions against Iran, in that critical situation ( I have not forgotten that disloyalty of Japanese politicians up to now).

Nonetheless, we were not desperate and drove out Saddam's army from our borders strongly (Saddam had the most powerful air force and armored forces in the area at the beginning, but in the end of the war, he lost a notable of his forces and became desperate).

In that unjustly economic sanctions, the only country that didn't break up his trade and economic relations with Iran was China.
I also don't forget the economic and trade companionship of Chaina with Iran. This caused, God increased their wealth to reach this point of economy prosperity.

Last edited:
I didn't want to start a political discussion
and yet...
sadly the political system of Japan is under license of U.S and is dependent. Japanese are not free to decide solely and they have to follow America policies
Every post you have made is political. This is not necessarily a problem. Politics are great subjects for debate. This site doesn't forbid political discussion. Mansoor, I'm sure you have many interesting political opinions that would be worth discussion.

But there is a difference between discussion and demagoguery. And when you join a Japan discussion group and your first few postings are anti-American rants, in my opinion it degrades the quality of the board - not because of your anti-Americanism, but because you are creating so many threads and are all of them are pushing the same dogmatic idea - and when people ask you for clarification you say "I don't know", or you ignore the question and continue on an anti-American diatribe. It is not discussion or debate, it is just posturing.

In regards to Iranian air power in the Iraq-Iran war, it is my understanding that Iran had superior air power (thanks to US warplanes, if I'm not mistaken). And of course, even as the US was backing Saddam, the US was also supplying Iran with weapons during the war.

While all of this is interesting stuff, none of it relates to your original question, which has already been answered: Japan can indeed develop and manufacture commercial aircraft.

Dear Majestic
I apologize you that I returned to the political theme in my last post. I think it is like, I have situated in a mountainous slope running and whatever I try to stop, the gravity doesn't allow me to be stopped, in this thread!
But it sounds that I have reached the lower place of the slope and I will stop soon.

please don't mistake, I am not anti-American. I have told in some other forums that people of America are respectful for me and I even feel a pity about them. I just have some critique about policies of America (let me I don't continue, because I am going back to the political discussion!)

No. all Arabic governments and even America knew, Saddam had a lot of Russian fighters and bombers, at the time. Its airbases across Iraq was the nest of hundreds of MIG and Sukhoi warplanes and numerous developed bomb and rockets.

In addition to these, during the war, European countries such as French gave Saddam the numbers of most developed warplanes like Super Etendard and Mirage.

The biggest problem of Saddam was the faithful and intelligent Iranian pilots and air defense forces. Despite the numbers of his warplane he was not able to influence to the borders of Iran much, although his propaganda tried to encourage and confident Iraqi pilots.
Iran radar systems, alerted fighters and air defense forces had made a strong air defensive barrier and faithless Iraqi pilots often were worried put themselves in danger of influencing Iran borders and confronting faithful pilots of Iran that defensed their land and people.
in one of the situations that a few of Saddam's fighters had arrived a western area of Iran, some witnesses said:" we saw an Iranian F-4 in the sky that was pursuing four Iraqi MIG warplanes and they were fleeing toward Iraq borders, while they released their bombs in a desert to be able to escape faster!"

One of the Iranian martyr pilots (he was a famous and brave pilot of combat helicopters that hunted tens of Iraqi tanks) said: " The basis of victory is %80 faith and %20 weapon."

Last edited:
Ronald, I have pity about all people across the world based on humanity, among Americans.
I wish people find a way toward luck and blessing, and I wish to help them. This is the sign of my mercy to people.
of course people of America (I don't talk about politicians) are logical, educated and polite. I have met some American posters in the forums and they were all polite and placid.
Albeit some Americans have a secret feeling of presidency, but don't show it to others. I think it is because they have grown in a country with highest technology and numerous facilities and welfare systems and also west culture that mostly tend to power, height and chairmanship.

I don't wish to tell you what to write, but maybe "pity" is not the word you want. Maybe "sympathy" or "empathy" are better words?

I'm not "Ronald," I use "Roland" here. I'm a Warren Zevon fan.

Back
Top Bottom