What's new

Why Don't Japanese Girls Like Hispanic Guys?

Dell_1957

先輩
27 Jan 2009
I am a Hispanic and I have been very interested in meeting a Asian lady , Japanese or Korean. I have found that Japanese ladies are not interested in Hispanic guys, only White guys. Is there something about a Hispanic that Japanese ladies don't like? I am not as dark skinned as some Hispanics or as white as a white guy so I don't think it's skin color necessarily, or is it?

This is from personal and a friends experience, we had a business trip to LA California and we had met some professional business Japanese ladies living in the states and I have to say they were not very friendly and wouldn't even talk business with us. When it came to doing business with the white guys they were very friendly and even joking with them. So we shrugged it off as they don't like to do business with Hispanics. The next day we had some free time and met some other Japanese ladies and as we were talking and having some what of a good time they actually told us they only date white guys.

Talking and doing business with Korean ladies is very different, we actually did quit a bit of business with the Korean ladies that were at the convention and spent a few days seeing the sites with them and had a really good time with them. They seemed to be friendlier and treated everyone with a smile and were friendlier than the Korean guys.

So the question is....Why don't Japanese ladies like Hispanics?

Sorry....don't get it, how does that give an answer to my question?
Are all women bad drivers? Are all blonds dumb? Are all guys chauvinist?

If you answer to my questions above are no, then it is pretty safe to say that Japanese women do not like Hispanics is a pretty unrealistic question.

I respectfully disagree with you, like I said in my first post, my question comes from more than one experience and from other colleagues experience meeting Japanese ladies. We do international business with many companies but Hispanic businesses are at the bottom of the list when it comes to doing business with Japanese lady professionals. Japanese men are very aggressive when it comes to business dealings and we get many contracts from Japanese men, they will deal with any race as long as there is money to be made...and that's the way it should be.

I respectfully disagree with you, like I said in my first post, my question comes from more than one experience and from other colleagues experience meeting Japanese ladies. We do international business with many companies but Hispanic businesses are at the bottom of the list when it comes to doing business with Japanese lady professionals. Japanese men are very aggressive when it comes to business dealings and we get many contracts from Japanese men, they will deal with any race as long as there is money to be made...and that's the way it should be.

I am sorry, but Dave is right. What exactly makes your experiences and those of your friends all encompassing? Are you even dealing with Japanese women who where born in Japan? or are you dealing with Japanese Americans? And what exactly is your business might I ask? Is your goal to date a Japanese women or have successful business dealings with them?... cuz if you are trying to do both, I see why you are failing.

The root of problem is probably much more to do with how you are acting or what your are selling, than the color of your skin I might add.

Hmm, the ones you met must have made the same kind of prejudiced decisions about hispanics that you are now making about Japanese women.

Maybe I can answer your question by rephrasing it: A hispanic guy stole my camera once, why are all hispanic men thieves?

I think it's just because Hispanics are new to japanese people.

They can see white and black on TV,movies,music video clip but Hispanics, not that much. Japanese people can't associate Hispanics with movie star. I think most of Japanese don't understand what is Hispanics, so it doesn't mean Japanese ladies dislike especially Hispanics.

There are always someone who see who you really are.

Good post. I'll have to agree with some of the other members. I don't think it's that they don't like hispanics, I just think they may be unfamiliar with them. I also think it can depend on where you live. If you're in a rural area, people may be a bit less open. However in the major cities this isn't necessarily the case. I am African-American and I have definitely been in some areas where I felt like I wasn't given the benefit of the doubt (they were isolated events, though). I try not to let closed-minded people like these bother me, because there are so many people in Japan who are completely accepting of all creeds, cultures, and ethnic groups.

Good post. I'll have to agree with some of the other members. I don't think it's that they don't like hispanics, I just think they may be unfamiliar with them. I also think it can depend on where you live. If you're in a rural area, people may be a bit less open. However in the major cities this isn't necessarily the case. I am African-American and I have definitely been in some areas where I felt like I wasn't given the benefit of the doubt (they were isolated events, though). I try not to let closed-minded people like these bother me, because there are so many people in Japan who are completely accepting of all creeds, cultures, and ethnic groups.

Problem is this guy was talking about Japanese women he met in California, who may or may not have even been Japanese nationals. That to me says he was the problem, not the fact that he was hispanic, just how he was going about things.

Dell1957: "Interested in meeting a Asian lady , Japanese or Korean" as in dating them? Well then maybe its not a problem about being Hispanic, maybe its you.

If every attractive Japanese/Korean single women you meet you trying getting "close" to, then they are going to be put off by this. Its not a Japanese thing- a lot of women are turned off by an overly strong or blatent intention approach. Perhaps you are simply coming on too strong & your intentions are to obvious to these women (from the sound of your OP, you went from trying it on with one woman to the next woman to the next woman)- no woman likes a guy with a one-track mind. Perhaps because you are so desperate to go out with your very specifc choice nationalities, you are not reading their hints/picking up their body language. Perhaps just to get you off their case, the Japanese women told you "We're not into Hispanics", not because this was necesarily true but just so they could easily get you off their case. And IMO its pretty obvious that you're only interested in dating these women rather than actually wanting to get to know them as respectable individuals because you took no time to cut your losses before moving onto the next Japanese woman you saw etc (i.e. as soon as it was clear that dating was off the cards, you no longer had any interest in the previous ladies- so IMO in some senses they were right not to go out with you).

My advice: Stop trying to date every Japanese women you see who remotely meets your wants. Sure, the Korean women sound polite, but this is not because they are Korean this is simply because thats who they are or were that night. Perhaps the white guys social skills were better than yours, but this is not because they are white or because you are hispanic. The Japanese women rejected you, but this is not because they are Japanese but because they probably were not interested in or impressed by the image you created of yourself that night. Your personalities just didn't click.

So my advice: Stop looking at everyone's skin colour and start looking at people as individuals and then you might start to see the solution to your problems. Sexual attraction is sexual attraction- sure sometimes skin type is involved (though not in a racist way), but the most important thing is who you are as an individual and who the other person in question is as an individual. Get to properly know people first & treat them with respect before trying to go out with them. If you want a long term relationship with anyone this is crucial- unless you are a total stud, a few hours of small talk and some chat up lines is not going to win over most womens hearts. And if you just want sex, well, i can totally understand most women not wanting to just give themselves to some random guy with alterior motives who tries it on with them. And this has nothing to do with the fact that these particular women are Japanese.

I know of hispanic guys who have dated Japanese girls in Japan ... so it has nothing to do with whether your hispanic, black or white it's how you approached them. If you approach an asian girl like you approach an american girl then your doing it wrong. Learn about the culture and what is acceptable, I have seen a lot of guys of all colors get "shot down" by Japanese and Korean women because they use their macho attitude on them and that is a turn off to most asian women.

I am a Hispanic and I have been very interested in meeting a Asian lady , Japanese or Korean. I have found that Japanese ladies are not interested in Hispanic guys, only White guys. Is there something about a Hispanic that Japanese ladies don't like? I am not as dark skinned as some Hispanics or as white as a white guy so I don't think it's skin color necessarily, or is it?

This is from personal and a friends experience, we had a business trip to LA California and we had met some professional business Japanese ladies living in the states and I have to say they were not very friendly and wouldn't even talk business with us. When it came to doing business with the white guys they were very friendly and even joking with them. So we shrugged it off as they don't like to do business with Hispanics. The next day we had some free time and met some other Japanese ladies and as we were talking and having some what of a good time they actually told us they only date white guys.

Talking and doing business with Korean ladies is very different, we actually did quit a bit of business with the Korean ladies that were at the convention and spent a few days seeing the sites with them and had a really good time with them. They seemed to be friendlier and treated everyone with a smile and were friendlier than the Korean guys.

I def. agree with what you said
As a former member of the Navy I have been to:
Japan
Okinawa
Singapore
Saipan
Hong Kong
Thailand
South Korea
India

I have to say I got NO LOVE in the many parts of Japan and Hong Kong, if it wasn't for women from other countries there (phillipines mainly) I wouldn't have gotten any female attention. I mainly see them with black or white guys which I think is stupid and closed minded, I don't give a crap if it's something their not used to or understand. We're human beings, trust your instincts and heart.

I def. agree with what you said
As a former member of the Navy I have been to:
Japan
Okinawa
Singapore
Saipan
Hong Kong
Thailand
South Korea
India

I have to say I got NO LOVE in the many parts of Japan and Hong Kong, if it wasn't for women from other countries there (phillipines mainly) I wouldn't have gotten any female attention. I mainly see them with black or white guys which I think is stupid and closed minded, I don't give a crap if it's something their not used to or understand. We're human beings, trust your instincts and heart.

I have lived in Okinawa as well, and I see your point, but at the same time I know of an Argentinian guy that got married to a Japanese woman. I also know of military Hispanic guys having no problem in dating. Okinawa is quite a strange place and does not represent Japan in many ways in my opinion. In my early 20's I had to date women in their 30's working at a government institution (city hall, teachers, nurses, etc), because all the young women where studying on the mainland, or trying to find a job with better payment than Okinawan companies can offer. I have also been to places where women mainly came to see African Americans. I literally lost to 50 year old guys. I found Japanese female students at universities in Kanto and Kansai to be very open minded actually, being interested in all kinds of foreign backgrounds (as friends or as partners). Maybe you just had bad luck, or tried to find love in the wrong places.

Back
Top Bottom