What's new

Who in Japan Uses Mouthwash?

That seems a bit overly urgent...

I use mouthwash, though I use it in all countries, not specifically Japan.
That's because it is urgent ha! I work in market research and I am looking for Japanese people to take a survey on oral care and mouthwash. I'm based in New York City and we don't have a large Japanese base. Would you be interested in taking the surge, which is basically answering questions online. We are paying $215 U.S. dollars for anyone who participates. Please let me know. I can send you my company's website so you know we are legitimate.

I'm not Japanese, so I doubt I'd be useful. In fact, I'd encourage you to ask on forums where more Japanese people are, and in Japanese if you wish to get much of a representative sample.

I see. Thanks for the direction. Do you live in Japan, though? You can participate if you have lived there for a while. Do you know any good Japanese forums I could post in? I don't want anyone to think I'm a scam, you know?

You work for a company whose idea about how to do market research for Japan is to go on an English forum populated overwhelmingly by foreigners and ask Japanese people to send you private message messages? Doesn't that strike you as a bit harebrained?

I've lived in Japan less than two years... I have absolutely no insight into the daily oral care of typical Japanese, so I think my answers to your survey would be less than useful. I also frankly have no idea where to post such questions.

Have you done any googling in Japanese for appropriate places?

You work for a company whose idea about how to do market research for Japan is to go on an English forum populated overwhelmingly by foreigners and ask Japanese people to send you private message messages? Doesn't that strike you as a bit harebrained?
Yup. And, considering the misspelling of "surge" for "survey" in the OP's message, I suspect they wrote it either in awful haste or on a cell phone/iPad without proofreading. Not trustworthy.

I can send you my company's website so you know we are legitimate.
Send it? Why don't you just post it here? C'mon! Nobody's going to take you seriously. Market researchers don't work like this. Not real ones anyway. You want to pay a bizarre fee of $215 for participation? In a survey?? Uh, yeah, right. Is the money coming from a Nigerian prince?

Paying 215 bucks per person to participate in a mouthwash survey?
Cool! I'm totally in. Do you need a copy of my passport, bank account and PIN number, just in case?

Back
Top Bottom