What's new

Where to find this product in Japan?

HanSolo

Sempai
6 May 2015
I'm looking for deoderants that actually do something as the ones in Japan don't.

Specifically I'm looking for this:
Nivea 50ml For Men Invisible For Black and White 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Power: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

It has been available in plenty other countries I've been to, but I haven't seen it here. Supermarkets seem to carry no more range than convenience stores.

Anyone know where I could find this? Shipping it in off Amazon is stupid priced and would take ages.

Regards!

You need a membership, might want to call ahead to ask if they have it.

Membership is 4000¥ if I remember correctly. A member can bring up to two guests at a time.

Didn't check Amazon Japan, did you?

(Ships in from overseas, price includes shipping. It will take a little while to arrive. Expected arrival date is on the page).

How should I enter addresses into that? Kanji or Romaji? I'm using it via Chrome auto-translate

Well I think I put the Kanji address in right, pretty confusing when its translating back and the translation is off. I guess I'll see if it arrives :D

I have not seen that brand of antiperspirant here on any shelf of drugstore, and Costco only stocks major brands that sell often. Plus, Costco shelf offerings change frequently, so I recommend what Mike told you.

English address will work just fine.

Yes, 7-11 or something. They store deodorants for people like salarymen who stay at work days and nights without bathing. They even stock underwear.
General Japanese population baths every day, they don't use any scented camouflage.
My advice would be: bath, don't spray smelling things, your coworkers or whoever would notice that.
If you have to use an online shop, go to Rakuten, they have it all in English.

Funny, in 70-ies last century (good chance you haven't been born then) , when I ordered something from a catalogue, no computers and online existed, my order would arrive within 2 weeks.
With Amazon.com takes 3-4-5 weeks. What a coax that company is (+ they have not turned any profit as yet).
True, my coleague told me he got a product from amazon.com within days, but that was something stored locally.

I only order from Amazon Japan, so things may be different than Amazon elsewhere, but the fastest I have experienced was from ordering on my phone in Tokyo to the package being delivered to my home in Gunma was about ten hours.

The stuff I ordered beat me home.

I got a book from Amazon Japan same day (don't know exactly how long), and usually things come within a few days. I'm quite happy with their service.

took some minutes to get back to the computer.

Yes, the master of the retail industry...Jeff Bezos, lauging at you

2015jeff_bezos01.jpg

It had worked better 40 years ago, but you love us now. Laugh into your faces.I may.

Last edited:
Yeah I just ordered the stuff from Amazon.jp. Pretty fast.
On the 'just bath everyday' and '7-11' suggestion, I can only assume that Westerners bodies and Japanese bodies work completely differently :D. What is sold in 7-11 here would be lucky to deodorize a 10yo boy where I come from.

If Jeff Bozos can get my order to my home faster than I can get there myself, he is welcome to laugh all he wants. I'll sit down and laugh with him. I can remember when simply buying a book in English meant spending from four to six hours riding the trains and paying highway robbery prices because the stores had frozen their prices at 360 yen to the dollar as well as being limited to whatever the store had physically on the shelves.

I will sit and chuckle with Bezos anytime he wants to; the net in general and Amazon in particular have revolutionized living in Japan as a foreigner.

Back
Top Bottom