Votes: 25 1.2%
  • Middle East

Votes: 61 2.9%
  • Africa

Votes: 29 1.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 116 5.6%

• Total voters
And don't forget the new poll has to include all the new gender terms and members who identify as aliens from other planets and solar systems.

200.gif

And don't forget the new poll has to include all the new gender terms and members who identify as aliens from other planets and solar systems.

View attachment 109918
Frank - there's no need to be like that. There are people who from a very young age struggle to see themselves as the gender that they were assigned at their birth. Even doctors can't always clearly assign a gender from the shape of the bits at birth (it's difficult in about 1.5% of cases, the proportion of Americans with red hair). I think it's reasonable for such people to have words to describe who they are.

Unfortunately, some people can't stand this idea of people not being clearly men or women, and such people in the media (or the owners of the media) latch onto the very small number of cases where someone has been a bit daft about identifying themselves as a cat or whatever in an attempt to discredit the whole idea. And there's nothing like amplifying something that most people are not really concerned about to distract them from other problems. I thought you'd have seen through this.

I'm old school and like the old days when we were happy with just male & female. The controversy now days over gender identity has turned into almost a kind of civil war resulting in a lot of hate and discontent. The sport's world is a good example of problems that arise when males compete in female sports. Another area that causes concern is males using female bathrooms and locker rooms in school age kids under 18. I'm glad I'm not a parent having to deal with that issue. People are free to identify as what ever they want , just don't demand others (and I) have to go along with it. Maybe the fact the old people don't like to see change affects my thinking but if I had a young child that a outrageous dressed transgender showed up at school to read to them and the school promotes that as normal , I'd have a hard time dealing with it. Surgery on young children (under 18) to change their sex is another area that seems too much to swallow as OK. Since I have no dealing with anyone but my wife , hopefully my personal feelings and beliefs will never upset anyone with face to face confrontations . After all who cares what an old fart thinks.
uglyTran.jpg

'We' may have been happy with the idea of two genders, but it didn't represent a significant number of people. Yes, it does create some issues, but the intense focus on those issues (as typified by your jokes about people identifying as aliens and the picture you just posted) rather than just accepting that some people don't see themselves as entirely male or female from an early age is part of the problem. These people nearly always want a quiet life and are asking for nothing more than acceptance of their nonstandard gender, but unfortunately that small request is too much for many people. Now, how about we drop this divisive subject that you chose to bring up? It doesn't belong here.

Back
Top Bottom