What's new

What Up

Swag

後輩
3 Aug 2014
Hey guys I'm new here (obviously) and just wanted to say what's up and hope that I have a fun time on these forums.

P.S. Plus you can't go wrong with a username like Swag. You just can't xD

welcome to Jref, Swag!

I'll be in Cleveland later this week on a business trip. Small world, isn't it? 🙂

Swag is a pretty good username, I have to give you that!

Could you explain your avatar to me, though? I barely even know what a meme is, let alone know what meme is inside what other meme! lol

I'll quote from google:

"an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.

ex. a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc. that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users.

So take that and imagine a meme within a meme... memeception ...

Sir, you crack me up! lol

What are the two memes in your avatar? I don't keep up with popular culture much anymore. Still, your avatar has piqued my curiosity!

It's basically a meme about a meme within a meme..... I know it can be very confusing sometimes lol.

I'm originally from the U.S., but I lived a number of years in Japan. Mostly in the Mikawa area of Aichi prefecture, although I used to live in Yamaguchi prefecture and shortly in Osaka as well.

I love Osaka. It's a great place, and the people are real "earthy" for lack of a better word. And I've always liked their dialect. A lot of comedians come from there, as it is the home of Yoshimoto Gekijo.

It's definitely worth a trip if you're ever in the area. I recommend you go to Dotombori and try some takoyaki by the Glico sign. If you know Japanese, go to Yoshimoto Gekijo to catch a show.

Kyoto and Kobe are nice, too. The whole Kansai area is a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom