What makes you happy?

hirashin

Sempai
Donor
8 Apr 2004
Hello, native English speakers,
Could you help me?

Do you ever say "What makes you happy"?
If yes, in what situation would it be used?

Thanks in advance.

Hirashin

Thanks for the help, lanthas and WonkoThe Sane.
Do you also say "what makes you sad"?
Hirashin

I think it is a good way to start a personal conversation between two peoples. It is a way to discover more about the other person in order to get a global point of view of what people like, enjoy etc.

Hello, native English speakers,
Could you help me?

Do you ever say "What makes you happy"?
If yes, in what situation would it be used?

Thanks in advance.

Hirashin
usually, to start a conversation with somebody I know. a friend, a relative or even an acquaintant.

it is unusual for me to ask it to strangers except on forums like this :) guess this makes sense to start a convo.

"What makes you happy?" and "What makes you sad?" kind of inquire deeply about a person. In that sense, they are personal questions. I don't ask those often. But, I think they are beautiful questions, because I love getting to know people on a deep level.

Thanks for your help, ledojaeger. Are you American?

I've learned English in Japan and have never lived in any English-speaking countries. So I'm not sure how native English speakers actually use the language in their everyday life. Thank you for your interesting view.

Thanks for your help, ledojaeger. Are you American?

I've learned English in Japan and have never lived in any English-speaking countries. So I'm not sure how native English speakers actually use the language in their everyday life. Thank you for your interesting view.

Yes, I am American.
For not living in an English speaking country, your English is amazing. I honestly would have thought that you were a native speaker!!

Back
Top Bottom