What's new

What kind of guy does a Japanese girl like?

rirei

後輩
14 Nov 2002
Hi,guys...

I like Japanese girls...

But I have curiosity.

WHAT KIND OF GUY DO THEY LIKE?

(answer me girls...)

:)

If you're asking this question, then i think you don't know any Japanese girls yourself.

I suggest you start to get to get to know a few of them through either ICQ or MSN.

As for the answer of your question: So many women, so many tastes in men.

Generalization

My wife who happens to be Japanese always got very furious when I referred to "the Japanese" or "Japanese girls". While "Japanese" or "Japanese girls" appear to be homogenous entities from distant view, they are pretty individual individuals. And they'd certainly object to generalizations, with good reason.

Can you truly say which kind of guys Indonesian girls prefer?
;)

Btw, welcome to the board! 🙂

What Thomas said is true for any group of people, be it a nationality, the people living in a city, the blondes, or people who like football... Everybody is uniquely different, and though some similarities might be found among a particular group, they are only stereotypes and shouldn't be seen as a rule (that also works for religious principles, that's why I point it here for you, rirei).

sugoiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :D

(don't mind me. I'm just having some problems in wrapping up a manual for a backoffice. My heart and mind are simply not there....)

I've met Russian, French, Spanish, Bulgarian, Chinese, Australian, Irish and of course, Portuguese women, and the only threat I had ever seen In common between them was that they just wanted to have a good time.

I don't believe in stereotypes.

Hey,don't be so serious about my questions...
I'm just triyin' to have some fun here
The point is I WANNA GET ALONG WITH ALL OF YOU...the members of this forum
Thanks for all the responds anyway...

Don't take our indignation too serious. We're loud but harmless, lolol.

You guys are getting worse!! lol, ALL women like honesty, sincerity, a willingness to listen, comfort, security, shall I continue??? (thought not, lol)🙂 big noses are optional! (lolol)

@rirei, well, your plan worked! You have us all chatting here, getting along with each other is all part of the fun, enjoy the fun!!!🙂

rirei

I am in agreement that you can't lump all Japanese women into the same stereotypical category. I also agree with Deborah that all women (around the globe) appear to appreciate honesty, sincerity, a willingness to listen, comfort, security, etc. So I can only speak from personal experience regarding my wife and I.

Perhaps you should have not started this thread by asking what kind of guy Japanese girls like. Perhaps you should have asked how to maintain a relationship with someone from a different nationality. Yet my advice is that if you are fortunate enough to meet someone who has a romantic interest in you, then never mind what nationality they are. But if the person does turn out to be Nihon-jin, then there are a few things I have learned from my own experience that I can share with you here.

1. The ability to clearly communicate with one another exactly what it is that you mean (in whichever language) is of the utmost of importance. While it may seem cute to her that you can speak a few words of Japanese, this will not sustain a meaningful relationship. Fortunately my wife is fluent in English, but this does not always mean that my definition of a word is how she will define (or perceive) it.

2. Which leads me to the second tip. If the person you meet does not speak your language as a first language, then much patience and understanding is required in order to insure that cultural and linguistic differences do not build a wall between the two of you.

3. An attempt on your behalf to understand more about the person's background and culture is also very important. I would say that it is just as important as your attempt to assist her in learning about your background and culture.

4. Parental approval may very well cause some challenges. Follow your own intuition on this one, and just be yourself. Either they will like you, and the idea of their little girl marrying a gaijin, or they will not.

5. Be open-minded!

What I have said here could be applied to all inter-racial relationships, not only to those relationships between Westerners and Japanese people.

Hey up there, don't feel bad. I always get "What kind of Japanese girl do you like" or in general "What is your type" from Japanese woman all the time.

Also I agree about not settling on Stereotypes, but in truth we all do anyway every now and then. I've never met anyone who doesn't fall into that trap from time to time. It's not an excuse, but just a spark of truth in my opinion.

And yes....I married a fabulous woman ( Japanese ) six years ago. I'm from the States.

Just try to get out and meet people as much as you can. There are some great conversations to be had out there.

Take care!

Ricoche

Would any girl anywhere in the world ever go for an angry postal worker, do you think? Curse my luck for falling into such a tiny ethnic minority. . . ANGRY POSTAL WORKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE! DOWN WITH oh bugger it, what's the point. . .

Ahh!! a bit of wisdom from kakuzan and ricoche🙂
as for hairyneville, hahaha "you poor postal worker" you really must try something else, like a physical sport, sumo maybe!! (to release the tension)😄 🙂

What kind of physical/social traits are popular in Japan right now? That is, are there any specific looks, thoughts or actions that Japanese women (in general) are swooning over; thanks to coverage or hype in the media (magazines, movies, television, etc)?

I think rirei was trying to ask the same thing, I'm just wording it differently.

Chakan, if you look like Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise then you won't have any problems making the girls swoon. The good news for those of us who don't look like Brad Pitt is that Japanese people will often tell you that they see some resemblance in you to a famous (and hopefully good-looking) foreign actor. It's a weird phenomenon but I'm not complaining...

hehehehe...lol :D

I think it's kind of bizarre for people to limit themselves to one ethnic group. Not saying it's wrong or anything, but I don't understand what's wrong with letting things fall where they may? Instead of just saying, "hey, I just want a Japanese girl or just a French girl or just a Nigerian girl or just a Mongolian girl". I don't know...maybe I'm not making any sense... :)

My girlfriend is Chinese and it is hard the language barrier is a big difficulty but so are the differences in culture. But i think if you click with someone it shouldnt matter where thier from.

The good news for those of us who don't look like Brad Pitt is that Japanese people will often tell you that they see some resemblance in you to a famous (and hopefully good-looking) foreign actor. It's a weird phenomenon, but I'm not complaining...
Haha, I think maybe they are trying to praise you or make you feel comfortable or think so.
Since commonly, people aspire to celebrities.
Actually, I've said it some times. lol

Re: rirei

Originally posted by Kakuzen
I am in agreement that you can't lump all Japanese women into the same stereotypical category. I also agree with Deborah that all women (around the globe) appear to appreciate honesty, sincerity, a willingness to listen, comfort, security, etc. So I can only speak from personal experience regarding my wife and me.

5. Be open-minded!

I'll agree with Debs and Kakuzen, you had some good advice there Kakuzen...especially the 5th one :)

And then again, with humour always in my mind (and my endless curiosity), how does this topic go vice versa? I'll be open to any opinions.
The topic slashed in my eyes in perfect timing, I just got home from work, where I got some compliments from a Japanese man..heh, I'm flattered 🌹 ...and, curious ;)

Back
Top Bottom