What's new

What is the best Calling App to call Mobiles/landlines(non-app user)?

Diesel08

Registered
16 Jul 2015
I am looking for the best app to help me keep in touch with my family in the Philippines?
My family do not use a smart phone..please help me..

Its called a Telephone. Also try the paid portion in Skype, if I remember correctly you can make phone calls to regular (non-skype) numbers for a few $$ $$.

@BillMad, telephone service here is not cheap. Telling someone to use a telephone is terrible advice.

When I switched to Android and suddenly magic jack was no longer useful for making free calls to the US, I checked the apps and found that Line's calling system was the best price both for calling within Japan and to the USA. Skype looked less expensive but the connection fee exposed the lie.

Am I the only one who, on principle alone, cannot stomach paying nearly 50 yen a minute to call other cellphones in Japan? Ridiculous.

With Line call I pay 13 yen per minute to call cells in Japan and 3 yen per minute to landlines. 1 yen per minute to the USA.

I don't make many calls so a monthly plan from Skype didn't make sense.

Its called a Telephone

Between that and your necroposts today it is very tempting to introduce you to the crowd of it useless posters who already hang out in my ignore list....

Are you in India?

Between that and your necroposts today it is very tempting to introduce you to the crowd of it useless posters who already hang out in my ignore list....

Are you in India?
I had to look up "necropost" to find out what it meant. Is it against the rules in this forum? If it is, then I didnt know, I was replying to posts at random and happened to do for this one.

In this post, I never mentioned you by name nor explicitly given you reason for you to ask me why I wouldn't want to be on your ignore list. In reality I wouldn't really care, so please go ahead. I wont mind. In fact I'll encourage it. In fact, who knows, I might do it too?

I had to look up "necropost" to find out what it meant. Is it against the rules in this forum? If it is, then I didnt know, I was replying to posts at random and happened to do for this one.

In this post, I never mentioned you by name nor explicitly given you reason for you to ask me why I wouldn't want to be on your ignore list. In reality I wouldn't really care, so please go ahead. I wont mind. In fact I'll encourage it. In fact, who knows, I might do it too?

Necroposting is clearly addressed in rule VI in the forum rules:

Forum Rules | Japan Forum

A responsible member of a community reads the rules before participating. There is absolutely no excuse for ignorance. The rules are simple to find, free to read, and easy to understand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom