What's new

What does this symbol mean?

AngeeBabee

Registered
11 Dec 2015
Hi guys

I saw this symbol tattooed on someone recently and would like to know the translation in English. Can you help? ( have attached the image to this post).

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    670 KB · Views: 197
Stylized version of 馬 (uma), meaning "horse".

What did the person say it says?

Last edited:
Haha! That is so odd. Can the symbol for horse be used symbolically to mean other things? i.e loyalty, strength etc? Or is just a plain old Horse? :-D

It means whatever he wants it to mean, I guess.

How did you get the picture? Did you ask what it means?

The person didn't say anything as yet. Am going to ask what he thinks it says. Just curious about it as he isn't Japanese!

Oh, trust me, I knew he wasn't Japanese without having to be told.

I'm dying to hear what he tells you. Please be sure to let us know.

Haha! That is so odd. Can the symbol for horse be used symbolically to mean other things? i.e loyalty, strength etc? Or is just a plain old Horse? :-D
The character just means 'horse'. It does seem to imply strength when used in personal names (at least in the context of fictional characters. Who can really say what names mean in actual people, unless you ask the parents, of course.)
On the other hand, it's also the first character in the word for 'idiot'. (Don't ask me why the characters for horse and deer put together make 'idiot'. That's just how it is.)

Edit: Really? The term for a stupid person starting with 'i' is a censored term? ... That's pretty i____ic.

Back
Top Bottom