What's new

What do Japanese Girls like?

NoSleepInJapan

Registered
21 Aug 2014
Hey everyone.

So I'm really into asian girls, especially Japanese ones. Do you know what Japanese girls like? What do Japanese girls want in a guy?

I'm in England, here we don't have that many Japanese girls from what I've seen. I'll probably go to Japan when I'm older, but what can I do that'll get Japanese girls to like me?

Are there innate features in which Japanese girls carry that make them different than any other girls on the planet? I had a japanese girlfriend, she lived in Canada though, the way I saw it she wasnt too different from alot of girls from different nations in terms of hobbies and such. In short theres no set feauture a specific gender from a country will particularly be fond of, rather your personality, and your looks/money will count much more ( especially if your looking for something like a one night stand or short term relationship). Your better off getting to know the person as a person and just seeing what they like.

Japanese girls love it when you group them together unceremoniously and treat them like a class of objects, rather than as individuals with unique personalities and tastes.

So yeah, keep that up.

Japanese girls love it when you group them together unceremoniously and treat them like a class of objects, rather than as individuals with unique personalities and tastes.

So yeah, keep that up.

But they'll be flattered that he gets a bigger woody for them than for other Asian girls. After all, who doesn't like to be number one?

the way I saw it she wasnt too different from alot of girls from different nations in terms of hobbies and such.

Thou shalt not judge an entire nation from one girlfriend. If its not a commandment, it should be.

I think the focus here should probably be less how to make Japanese girls like you, and more about how not to just drive them away.

You can have just about any hobby or dream, and Japanese women will be okay with it. But there are some things will turn them off. I think being openly angry, violent and aggressive will scare Japanese women off even more than women of other nations. Patience seems to be a requirement.

As far as getting them to like you: Being able to talk about interesting things and keep a conversation going will also get you far.

And I think that travel and knowledge of touristy areas is a good hook for Japanese girls, in conversation as well as actually traveling. Knowing great places to go and why to go there, communicating all that and later taking them there. Huge hook I think.

Thou shalt not judge an entire nation from one girlfriend. If its not a commandment, it should be.

I think the focus here should probably be less how to make Japanese girls like you, and more about how not to just drive them away.

You can have just about any hobby or dream, and Japanese women will be okay with it. But there are some things will turn them off. I think being openly angry, violent and aggressive will scare Japanese women off even more than women of other nations. Patience seems to be a requirement.

As far as getting them to like you: Being able to talk about interesting things and keep a conversation going will also get you far.

And I think that travel and knowledge of touristy areas is a good hook for Japanese girls, in conversation as well as actually traveling. Knowing great places to go and why to go there, communicating all that and later taking them there. Huge hook I think.

Of course, personally I have only known two japanese girls one of which I dated and the other I just knew as a friend but I wasnt by any means close to her. I was just pointing out that classifying someone as Japanese, American, Brazilian etc, doesent really help you in terms of finding something that Japanese girls like more, or Brazilian girls like etc. Also you say travel and knowledge of tourist areas help with Japanese girls( I have never been to Japan so ill trust you on this as you live there), but couldnt the same thing be said about other nationalities? Like im sure theres tons of brazlian, american etc etc girls who fall under this common feature? I'm not saying your saying otherwise, but dont you think the question itself is kind of odd? But I would imagine what you are saying is correct for quite a few portion of girls, I know girls in general who are really into travelling and those sort of things.

But they'll be flattered that he gets a bigger woody for them than for other Asian girls. After all, who doesn't like to be number one?
Is it just me or do you have a hard time differentiating between korean,chinese and japanese? I often have a hard time telling, I was close friends with a korean girl once and she looked very japanese to me, ever since then I have just been guessing really. Theres alot of asians in Canada too so its kind of surprising, I thought there would be a more distinctive factor, but its likely something more miniscule

Hah, well I normally just browse topics and don't reply, but I had to for this one. I have a few exchange student friends from Japan. If you asked them this question, you would probably make them feel uneasy. There is an over-sexualization of Japanese girls (and Asian girls in general) and it did make my friends feel very uncomfortable at times when studying at my university. If you want to date a Japanese girl, don't treat her any different than you would any other girl.
And try not to turn their nationality into a fetish, because that isn't a turn on at all. Everyone is different so try to get to know a variety of people, there is no way to "get someone to like you."

So yeah, keep that up.

You have clearly misunderstood me. All girls from different countries are different compared to each other, you can't class them as all the same. This may be because of religion, culture, or tradition. It's been a while now and I can see the difference between Japanese girls. I now understand what some of them are like and how some can behave differently to others. I was not stereotyping anyone or anything.

Are there innate features in which Japanese girls carry that make them different than any other girls on the planet? I had a japanese girlfriend, she lived in Canada though, the way I saw it she wasnt too different from alot of girls from different nations in terms of hobbies and such. In short theres no set feauture a specific gender from a country will particularly be fond of, rather your personality, and your looks/money will count much more ( especially if your looking for something like a one night stand or short term relationship). Your better off getting to know the person as a person and just seeing what they like.

Hah, well I normally just browse topics and don't reply, but I had to for this one. I have a few exchange student friends from Japan. If you asked them this question, you would probably make them feel uneasy. There is an over-sexualization of Japanese girls (and Asian girls in general) and it did make my friends feel very uncomfortable at times when studying at my university. If you want to date a Japanese girl, don't treat her any different than you would any other girl.
And try not to turn their nationality into a fetish, because that isn't a turn on at all. Everyone is different so try to get to know a variety of people, there is no way to "get someone to like you."

Thanks guys for actually trying to give me some useful feedback. I understand things much better than I used to after a while.

That's nice. Thanks for letting us know.

XD

So I'm really into asian girls, especially Japanese ones. Do you know what Japanese girls like? What do Japanese girls want in a guy?
Please re-read what you wrote, and then re-read my response, and then (assuming the sarcasm didn't elude you) tell me how I misunderstood.

Even now, you're still grouping girls by "religion, culture or tradition," though I'd be interested to learn what understanding you've come to

Please re-read what you wrote, and then re-read my response, and then (assuming the sarcasm didn't elude you) tell me how I misunderstood.

Even now, you're still grouping girls by "religion, culture or tradition," though I'd be interested to learn what understanding you've come to

Yup, I find Japanese girls to be different to other, from what I've seen. I'd only like to know if there is anything specific that they would like, and I've got an answer to that now. I have already received all the feedback I need for this thread so I'm done here. Thank you.

"If you want to date a Japanese girl, don't treat her any different than you would any other girl."

Not really a fan of stereotypes, but not a complete enemy either. I think it wise to at least consider how a girl's Japanese background might necessitate you treating her different than a girl with an Irish background.

Seriously, trying to treat each person totally as an individual would mean you could handle about three people in the world. We humans need our short-cuts, even if they do sometimes lead us astray.

But I do offer this to balance what I say: For the most part you better be yourself with a girl, because there is only so much acting you can keep up for extended periods, and you may well pass the point of diminishing returns faster than you expect....that means you might hook a girl with your phoney new character and attitude for a week but never score even one home run.

Yup, I find Japanese girls to be different to other, from what I've seen. I'd only like to know if there is anything specific that they would like, and I've got an answer to that now. I have already received all the feedback I need for this thread so I'm done here. Thank you.
Why do I feel like we aren't speaking the same language?

My response was intended to inform you that despite shared experiences that may influence what a girl may "like" based on her cultural heritage (far more important than ethnic or national identity, btw), your original question was like asking us to guess a girl's favorite color based on how tall she is.

And who are we talking about? Japanese girls in Japan... Japanese girls on holiday in England... Japanese girls living in England (and if so, how old when they came and for what reason?)... English girls with Japanese ancestry (and if so, are they nisei, sansei? adopted?)... Do you see how quickly one generalized group membership quickly dissolves into a whole spectrum of experience? And what an *** you might come off as if you say "konnichiwa" to a girl who has lived in England for 10+ years? When you start to learn more about the person, what they like and dislike becomes a lot more apparent.

Are you trying to date one Japanese girl or ALL of them? The short answer is to engage people as the individuals they are. Instead of asking a bunch of strangers (all with their own unique experiences) on the internet to generalize about a vague group of people, find someone you actually want to get to know better, then focus on learning more about THEM.

I've always wondered if the stereotype of Japanese Men who like their women to always sound like children true or not? I wonder why they do that?

How about asking...what are some major turnoffs of guys in Japanese girls?
see my first response in this thread

I've always wondered if the stereotype of Japanese Men who like their women to always sound like children true or not? I wonder why they do that?
You know, I encountered and witnessed this phenomenon in Korea, and found an article that explains it in a really interesting way: What Is Aegyo And How Can We Kill It? Part One | The Joshing Gnome . It's long but I found it quite engaging. There are guys out there who are habituated to thinking the affected idol-voice is cute, but in my experience, affectations wear out their welcome in a hurry.

Japanese girls who are shallow enough to like Western guys who are shallow enough to like Japanese girls because they are 'the best kind of Asian' tend to look for the same qualities commonly found in Hollywood movie stars and powder room hearsay i.e. blonde hair, good looks and good endowment. If you have those you'll be very likable. When you get here, make sure you practice good hygiene and simply kick around Roppongi a while and you won't have to do much beyond that to 'get them to like you'. Oh and sitting bright-eyed bushy-tailed right by the door of any downtown Tokyo Hub Pub and staring at every woman who walks in is usually a green flag for all the spinsters in the joint that you're available. Be as non-abrasive as possible and act like you have no clue what's going on until you're just inside the door of the love hotel. Good luck!

I have to reply, I'm going to confrim this in many times openly angery is a turn off (I personally I openly angry female and yelling Japanese but thats a werid thing for a person to like when a person is yelling but in Japanese is language is even beatiful then) but back to the subject, I ruined my life with a great chinese pinoy with open anger, With anyone even with extereme tolerance it's not a good act. I was in a car accidents that became workers comp case, I was drug tested to be sure on pain killers and trust me I live with a scar from it. I do not know when anger or yelling is acceptable in Japan cause to be honest I have the same question as the topic starter but everyone is unquie, so its not what one likes but being accepted for who you ate :)

I have to reply, I'm going to confrim this in many times openly angery is a turn off (I personally I openly angry female and yelling Japanese but thats a werid thing for a person to like when a person is yelling but in Japanese is language is even beatiful then) but back to the subject, I ruined my life with a great chinese pinoy with open anger, With anyone even with extereme tolerance it's not a good act. I was in a car accidents that became workers comp case, I was drug tested to be sure on pain killers and trust me I live with a scar from it. I do not know when anger or yelling is acceptable in Japan cause to be honest I have the same question as the topic starter but everyone is unquie, so its not what one likes but being accepted for who you ATE :)

hannibal-lecter.jpg

Could you use spellcheck and perhaps write just a bit more carefully and clearly, please?

Japanese girls are just like girls anywhere else. Incredibly varied. There is no way to really answer your question. I've met incredibly shy Japanese girls who have no interest in relationships whatsoever, and I have seen girls that are incredibly outgoing. I've seen rude, kind, funny and so on and so on and so on.

I'd focus less on trying to find a way to game the system and just be yourself. If that turns out to not be enough, then take some steps to improve ^^.

Yeah seem Samurai got sone conflicts on this. Sorry on the spell check , typing on my iphone and working gets to be a problem when im rushing it.

kazekawa was on the same page as me. However read my post and don't just rub off a whole post cause of spelling mistakes, I had a point for samurai to be himself and not worry about what Japanese girls are or aren't, every one is unquie

Yeah seem Samurai got sone conflicts on this. Sorry on the spell check , typing on my iphone and working gets to be a problem when im rushing it.

kazekawa was on the same page as me. However read my post and don't just rub off a whole post cause of spelling mistakes, I had a point for samurai to be himself and not worry about what Japanese girls are or aren't, every one is unquie

I read your post. I have read all of your posts. In this particular case I had nothing to remark about except the bizarre syntax and numerous spelling errors. One would expect better from someone professing an intention to come to Japan and teach English. I also post from an iPhone and iPad, as do others. We don't use our choice of device to excuse sloppy or careless posts. Look around at the posts from other members and notice that everyone does their best to write/spell well here. It is a mark of regard for one's readers.

Please see Section III of our Forum Rules

Forum Rules | Japan Forum

However read my post and don't just rub off a whole post cause of spelling mistakes, I had a point for samurai to be himself and not worry about what Japanese girls are or aren't, every one is unquie
Your point was totally lost. I actually thought you were not a native-speaker and just couldn't write English coherently.

Back
Top Bottom