What's new

Whales Starving Millions

This is the first time I have read this thread from start to finish, interesting reading. While I do not agree totally with all the comments, I will say that politicians everywhere get their feet stuck in their mouths from time to time.

A different thought here;
Apologists for Japan's whaling industry (or those who want to re-constitute Japan's whaling industry I should say) sound like complete Morons every time they open their mouths. They are the most stubborn, obstinate people in the world
Talk about irony, I always felt that the animal activists and the people trying to protect the whales and other life forms were the morons and stubborn ones. Probably boths sides are guilty of this one.

Plus whale numbers are way down, when they say the whale population is exploding they are actually referring to the -extremely slow- recovery of the whale population after decades of being hunted to near extinction.

What the heck are you trying to say here....the numbers are exploding. So that means they are increasing at a faster than usual rate right?

Hell one might get the impression from some of the posts on this thread that humans should be hunted down and used for food to feed the whales and not vice versa. Oh and Norway hunts whales too right.

blackmarlinuk said:
Does Japan want the ivory as well?

I sure hope not.

I just saw a special on Rhinoceros' and Elephants and the ever-increasing possiblity of them becoming extinct.

I think the Takebe is way off the mark and full of it. Sounds like he is just making more excuses for unnecessary killing of these fascinating creatures of the sea. Unfortunately, many Japanese are so naive that they may actually buy into his nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom