What's new

Visa Renewal Question

Kaisen

後輩
21 May 2015
Hi,
So I just renewed my visa for the first time. They stuck a little piece of paper into my passport and said that I should wait for approval between May 22-28.
I heard that you get a notice in the mail saying to come and get your new visa, buuut I'm not sure if that was just part of the old system. Do I still need to wait to get something in the mail, or do I just go to the office and pick up my new residence card?

Is it no longer the case that you have to return to Immigration to get the stamp on your passport?

Did they not tell you at Immigration or give you any paper explaining the process? Nothing like that?

Is it no longer the case that you have to return to Immigration to get the stamp on your passport?

Did they not tell you at Immigration or give you any paper explaining the process? Nothing like that?
They just stuck a paper into my passport. It says something along the lines of 'your application is pending approval/ please go to counter B at the appointed time/ please take a your resident card, passport and a processing fee of ¥4000, etc...

They just stuck a paper into my passport. It says something along the lines of 'your application is pending approval/ please go to counter B at the appointed time/ please take a your resident card, passport and a processing fee of ¥4000, etc...

Then you go back to Immigration. Your notice should make it clear when it comes.

Did you not get the paper in your passport when you renewed? This seems to be unfamiliar to my friends as wrll

Did you not get the paper in your passport when you renewed? This seems to be unfamiliar to my friends as wrll

I'm a permanent resident and haven't done a renewal in so long I don't remember exactly how it went.

Wait for notification is pretty clear. Wait for them to send you a postcard to...uh...notify you. You will have two weeks or so to pick it up.

Yes, it was like that: submit your application and wait 2 weeks for the postcard to go and get it. That is a piece of card paper that you had filled in with your application. I think any long stay visa goes like that.

Back
Top Bottom