What's new

Visa application waiting period

korewa76

後輩
3 Feb 2017
Hi, some advice please. I applied for a humanities visa in December at the Kanagawa immigration office, changing from a student visa. It's been 8 weeks and I still have not received a notice to fetch my visa. I have called them 3 times already and was told it was "still being processed". Anyone had similar experiences?

Bear in mind that there was at least one week of holidays during that time, and the immigration office was probably short-staffed. I wouldn't freak out about it. If they said its being processed, give it another couple of weeks and then ring them back.

Hey. Thanks for asking, but no not yet. I've been told by several people that the process can take up to 90 days max (I applied 74 days ago). Apparently they are also very busy this time of year. I gave them another call and was told that "it was still being processed and if I called again I will be given the same answer..."

Spring is a time of big changes in Japan people start new jobs etc. so I could see that. Good luck to you.

Hey guys, thanks for the advice and support, I finally did receive my visa, 16 weeks later!
1f609.png

Back
Top Bottom