What's new

Visa and job advice

Rysiusia

後輩
23 Aug 2014
Hi
I have a serious problem and don't know what to do with it.
I came to Japan on tourist visa to fond a job. It is very hard to find a company who wants to give you a visa.
But I've found it.
The only one problem is:
In the adv they were talking about two positions from tuesday-thursday or tuesday-friday between 0-14 or 14-18.
I went to an interview and got a job. They've asked me to come to trail day so I said yeah if course and starting from that day
I am working everyday from monday-friday from 10-18.
They have told me that until I will get my visa I meed to work for free.
I know that it is against the law that I am doing any kind of job pr as they call it volounteer.
The problem is: they do not know whether they are able to give me a visa (that is what they said) and I won't get paid for next 2 months????!!!
Besides I was applying to part time and when I've asked them for how long should i work daily and when (cuz everyone thought that I will work only for 2 days) the director told me "we are supporting you with visa so I expect you to be here all week" which to be honest is pissing me off because even teacher for full tome is not working that much!
I am afraid that after 2 months they will tell me sorry mo visa no payment there is no proof that you've been wprking for us.
What should I do? Stay at this company? Search for another???
I am afraid of not getting visa...

You are working illegally and they are employing you illegally. What kind of work is this? I've never heard of visa sponsorship for part-time work.

It sounds like they are just abusing you for free slave labor for as long as they can and have no intention of hiring you.

If you complain to the authorities, you will face deportation and probably also a five year ban against entering Japan again. You have placed yourself in a very poor position.

Is going back to your country an origin not an option? Do you have some skills that Japanese companies would need, for them to actually want to give you a work visa? Seems like it would be hard, if I were you I would just go back to my own country, there is a good chance they are just toying with you. I m not an expert in this field but I did some research a while ago because I was planning on going to Japan for a bit, and I havent heard of part time visa sponsorships either.

So what should I do? Give up and search for another one?

My advice would be yes, look for another job.
From what you told us, the 'Company' seems both criminal and untrustworthy .... and are quite likely to drag out any visa sponsorship decision to get the maximum amount of free work from you.
If you don't mind telling us what line of work you are looking for, there may well be people on this forum who could give you some sound guidance.

That is my advice also. Leave them and forget them.

Even if they did actually hire you and sponsor a visa, you could probably expect lots of trouble about working hours and pay. (Ask other employees their experiences).

They may try to put pressure on you to continue working (for free) by threatening to report you for working illegally if you leave. Be aware that they can face punishment for illegally employing you, so you shouldn't worry about that. You are both in a situation where you can't report each other without the one reporting also getting in trouble.

Are they holding your passport or anything like that?

Well I am qualified rnglish teacher with master's degree and I do speak Japanese also I had an experience in working in japan as a teacher
I needed to come to japan and search for a kob from here cuz there was no chamce for me to do it from mg homecountry they were blocki g my resumes because of my ip
Well they have send me a contract which is valid fron 25.08 but i am afraid of signing it cuz I'm afraid of being deported

You just fell for one of the oldest scams. Stop working illegally.

If you are really a qualified English teacher, find a proper job.

And just to be curious, why is your written English so horrible? It's embarrassing as a fellow teacher to read.

Well I'm in a hurry and I'm terribly nervous that is why it's so terrible>_<

So I should stop working until I got a Visa?
There is no chance for visa sponsorship on part time contract?

No, there isn't, and besides, what happens if someone rats you out to the government snitch site (yes, there is one)? What happens if you must whisper this to someone who passes it on to a policeman or immigration? You are working ILLEGALLY, and the penalties may vary, but they can be steep:

deportation at your cost
financial penalty (fine up to 3 million yen)
imprisonment (21 days without a lawyer is possible, and expect daily grilling)
ban from returning to Japan for 5 or 10 years

This employer has duped you into working without the legal obligation of a visa and for free as far as I can tell. Nice for him. Bad for you. All he has to do is keep you working until your tourist status has expired (a typical ploy) by saying there are "mistakes" or "delays" in the visa processing (when he hasn't even sent in the paperwork at all), and then fire you without notice, and you have no legal recourse because you will have overstayed your tourist limit and are in even worse trouble.

Get out.

Thanks a lot! I went also to my Embassy and they have told me the same. I am not "working" there anymore. I knew that this might be against the law that is why I have asked here. Luckily I have found this forum.

Thanks for help and wish me a good luck!

Good luck to you.

Send me a private message with the company's name, address, number, where you saw the advertisement, etc and I will report them to Immigration for illegal practices and abuse.

Back
Top Bottom