What's new

Undergraduate study in Japan

Azotsky

Registered
5 Apr 2014
This link below is the same thing but it's a little bit nicer version... ofc you can just read it here thought it is really messed up. ............................................................... Most important part is in the 17th row/bolded letters if you don't want to read everything............. Undergraduate Study In Japan - Pastebin.com ................................................................. Hello everyone! ^^ I'll try to make this really short(reading time = ~3 min max) but it's really important to me so any help is really appreciated. (I bolded the most important part so you don't need to read everything) Thank you in advance ^^ So... I've decided to study in Japan. Currently I have a job and I'm saving up a lot of money in order to fulfill my dreams ^^ I'm really dedicated to this ... Every day when I get back home I spend the rest of the day studying for uni entrance exams and learning Japanese language (I'm using Heisigs book "Remembering The Kanji", Anki flash cards, Wikipedia, +some other sites online (to double-check) to learn kanji). And basically you could say that I have no social life atm, but I am an introvert anyway. ^^ I've already started learning uni stuff using MIT OCW(I'm interested in math and pure/natural sciences mostly), but since I get no credit for that it's not really helping me much ^^ I was fascinated by physics since I was a kid and I'll probably study it at the university (I'm more on the theoretical side of things, no matter which branch of physics), though I would be perfectly happy even with engineering (I would probably go with aerospace) or math(pure). Some branches of chemistry and comp. sci would be honourable mentions here... If I manage to find enough time I'll probably "self-learn" at least a little bit of everything mentioned here anyway. I'm 21yo and I'll be 4 months too old to get the MEXT scholarship via embassy recommendation so I fall under "privately financed students" category. I will try to find some scholarships that are available to me and also I hope that I will be able to find a part-time job in Japan. I'm just not sure should I try to apply directly to the university I want to go to in Japan and pass their entrance exams etc, or (if this is possible)should I apply to the university in my country first, get really good grades and then transfer to an Japanese university in April next year (in my country academic year starts in October)... I don't even mind repeating a semester if I need to. And I should probably mention that I would probably prefer western side of Japan (Osaka,Kobe,Fukuoka,etc), but I don't mind living/studying in Tokyo(or other places) either (though Tokyo is more expensive). Any help is much appreciated. And once again... Thank you very much ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom