What's new

translation of a manga scene

leximus

後輩
1 Aug 2013
Could u guys pls help translate this.?
My attempt> to through things in good. this technique is refresehed.

wld3s5.jpg

Could u guys pls help translate this.?
My attempt> to through things in good. this technique is refresehed.
'to through things in good' doesn't make any sense in English.
I would say,
"As I thought, this 'Obito' is a good skill, slipping through things. And so this skill too has been recovered."
However, Japanese is a very context sensitive language and I could be totally off. If オビト is not the name of the skill, then the second phrase has a totally different meaning. It's possible that 'this skill' restores something, in which case the finally phrase is referring to the skill restoring that something and not the skill being restored. Without more context I can't really give any more than my very rough guess that assumes a lot.

Japanese is a very context sensitive language
-------
Without more context I can't really give any more than my very rough guess that assumes a lot.
I completely agree with this. It's impossible to get the following interpretation without knowing the story of Naruto. The OP should provide us necessary information when asking a translation.

Obito is the speaker(= Kakashi)'s old friend who also had the skill to slip through things. (Kakashi is talking to him in his mind.) この技 refers to the one Kakashi is going to use, not "slipping through things". He has become to be able to use the skill again.

Thanks Chris and Tori. I couldn't go full contextual without overlapping into the 'no longish' text policy. A more valid jp script is contained here. It will take me hours to decipher and i'll still be wrong. A summary would be nice if not translation.

Attachments

• k file.jpg
    k file.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 185
Back
Top Bottom