What's new

Translation for toy figures

Ramram1

Registered
23 Dec 2016
Hello,

First this is a great site. Thank you for taking the time to look and help me. I have a website for Japanese action figure collectibles and I am curious if my translation is correct. Any help is appreciated.
I want to say:
All new figures (my website name)
Or
All new figures at (my website name)

This is my current translation:
すべての新しいフィギュア

Thank you

First you need to clarify the ambiguous English.

Does "all new figures" mean "we have added all figures which have been newly released" or does it mean "we have deleted all the figures we had before and replaced them with totally different ones"?

Hello,

Thank you replying. I understand the ambiguity. It is because we list many languages and for the sake of space, we try to be concise.
It means we have added all new figures available on our website. But again the wording has to somewhat match across the languages. Does my translation make sense or would it need something different? Thanks Mike!

Hello,

Thank you replying. I understand the ambiguity. It is because we list many languages and for the sake of space, we try to be concise.
It means we have added all new figures available on our website. But again the wording has to somewhat match across the languages. Does my translation make sense or would it need something different? Thanks Mike!

The reason I had to ask is because while the English could be taken either of two ways, the two different meanings would be phrased entirely differently in Japanese.

What you have should be fine.

That is great to hear. I appreciate you responding for no other reason than to help another person out. Hopefully I will be able to reciprocate.

I would say something like 新商品入荷! or 新フィギュア入荷!

すべての新しいフィギュア sounds to me like its too literal of a translation (but it gets the point across)

Back
Top Bottom