What's new

translating two sentence

Razahia

先輩
7 Jun 2013
Can someone translate these sentences for me? I've tried translating them but I'm not sure if I am correct in this endeavor.

1. On Friday I went and ate food in the school cafeteria, went shopping, and watched a scary movie
(金曜日私は学校の食堂で食べ物を食べた、店から買い物をした,怖い映画を見ました)

2.Return to your home quickly. Because the train will be late.
(あなたの家に早く帰って、電車はおそいから)

I'm not really amazing at the grammar for this language but yea.. tried my best

Last edited:
I moved your posts to the learning Japanese section.

1)
食べ物を食べる sounds awkward. I would say 食事をする instead.
It's OK just 買い物に行く for "to go shopping". If you want to use 店, 店 is the destination you go to, not the place you leave from, so から is wrong.

2)
You don't need to say あなた.
電車 is not the object of 遅れる (Hint: particle).
Use 帰ってください instead of just 帰って, since you are using the polite form in the second sentence.

First off, Thank you for helping out. I know I'm terrible at incorporating suggestions correctly so I apologize.

The first one would work as 金曜日私は学校の食堂で食事をする、店には買い物に行く怖い映画を見ました

and the second as 家に早く帰って下さい、電車は遅れるから

I'm not quite sure but. Hopefully it's correct.

Sorry, my explanation seems to confuse you. I used the dictionary form 食事をする / 買い物に行く just like "to eat" / "to go shopping" in English. You need to change them to the -te form in order to connect clauses, as I wrote previously.

は is unnecessary after 店に.

I meant 家に早く帰って下さい。 fits 電車は遅れますから。.

Ahhh I was wondering =p.

金曜日私は学校の食堂で食事をした、店に買い物に行って怖い映画を見ました

and

家に早く帰って下さい電車は遅れますから

?

Very close. 金曜日、私は学校の食堂で食事をし、店に買い物に行って、怖い映画を見ました is correct, since the -te form of する is して.
The second one is OK. You can also say 早く家に帰って下さい。電車は遅れるでしょうから。

Oh total apologies. That's what I meant to put but it appears my keyboard disagreed with me. yea

金曜日私は学校の食堂で食事をして、店に買い物に行って怖い映画を見ました

ありがとうございます とりとりべさん

The language is so difficult for me. Wish I can fast forward to the point I can understand it

Back
Top Bottom