What's new

Toilet wars

lol, now that's not a very nice thought, lol
Thank you lot, now I think I know, what type of toilet this is, and I think I would prefer the average one with its comfy seat etc., 😊

Actually, I saw a variation on this in Peru too, behind someones house. It was almost like an outhouse stile squat toilet, just a hole in the ground with two footprints in the cement where you are supposed to put your feet. I was pretty young at the time and found the thing a little unnerving.

Foot print types sort of still exist. A few years back I was visiting with my ex-girlfriend her cousin's house. The toilet was an out house, that used wood planks to stand on over a pretty decent size hole. I thought, the boards were gonna gonna crack under my weight.

I'm pretty sure that these portable types are the exception but the porcelin types with no running water do exists. They have a plastic lid to cover the hole of darkness.

Funny thing is that most families have stories of so and so falling into one of these toilets or at least dropping one leg in pretty deep.

Recently though, most houses have progressed to the unhealtier European chair types.

Japan has come a long way since WWII and has certainly become King of the Throne so to say ... haha

Guys, we nearly missed "Toilet Day":

Toilet Day brings loos out of the closet

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getarticle.pl5?fl20021110a3.htm

"Superbowl Sunday"

Back
Top Bottom