What's new

The Truth About Chinese food

If you live in Europe, the best Chinese (especially HKnese) cuisine is in Chinatown London!
In most other European countries, Chinese restaurants are usually offering westernized Chinese food.
If you want eat Chinese food with good quality I can recomment you trying them (too many choices) in Hong Kong and Taiwan. In (mainland) China, there are also great and even elite cuisines but many are still not at high standards yet, especially the cheaper ones.
Chinese food has a very big inventory to display, since it contains so many provinces with their own local food. Some of the most famous are Beijing Duck, MaPoTofu from Sichuan, TsaSao and DimSum from Guangdong etc.

The bandwith of the Chinese cuisine is so huge, that you definetly will find things you love and things you hate :)

I see,so it's the same in Europe continent where you only get usual westernized Chinese food not authentic original tastes.

I've eaten the real chinese food by some friends of mine that are from china...nothing compare with the one eaten in restaurant ;)

I like Chinese food.I dont mind the Western version of it.
Either way...it is good ! I wish I had someone to teach me how
to make Chinese food and make it good !

In China ,every area has different appetite.I am now in the east of China.it is closely to Shanghai.In my city ,everyone would like to eat a little sweety dishes,white rice and delicious soup and so on .In the north of China,there people would like to eat food made from wheat as their dinner.It is very interesting .Welcome to China to realize her's presence .

I love Chinese food, but over here in the UK Chinese restuarants did have a bad name say twenty years ago, but due to better standards of hygiene we have in this country the whole scene of take away food has got alot better, which is very good. I am very partial to most of the rice dishes and chow mein dishes, which I love.

As for stir frys I do have two woks in this house which get used on a regular basis :)

There are a large selection of Chinese restaurants in my home-city, and I have eaten at pretty much all of them at least once. My favourite place though is a small establishment which serves the most delicious food, and ironically, I (and whomever I may bring with me) seem to be the only western person eating in there. Everybody else is asian. This, I am taking,is a good sign - food-authenticity-wise!

I am Chinese, I like Chinese food very much. I have read every friends' message, thanks for your praise about Chinese food. There are many kind of food, it is very difficult for me to describe them here. I hope every one will come to China, and then go to everywhere to play and eat. I am sure that you will have a happy trip here.

I have never been abroad and have no chance to eat such food.But I am a Chinese ツ,I can eat the more traditional food here.

I think the real Chinese food is hard to find in America.Because people may eat not to make a habit, so to improve local flavors.

Ha ha

We have only one Japanese restaurant here in Dunkirk (Northern France), the Sakura 桜

A friend thought to please me by inviting me there. As I sat I grabbed the waiter by the collar (just for the tease) and said "Your Kimono is Chinese" ! I was right.

The plates were delicious but the presentation, that meant to ape the Japanese style, completely off the wall. Here do not conclude I have something against the Chinese and Chinese cooking. I adore both.

There's much Chinese food, in the west we eat a very small westernised variety of it.

In my experience here's some differences:

(A) Much of Chinese food in China is very spicy. We aren't used to things being very spicy in the west.
(B) Hot pot is missing, there's A LOT of hot pot restaurants in China.
(C) There's a lot of street food in China, one can only eat that in China.
(D) Peking duck in the west is nothing like real peking duck in Beijing. Peking duck in Beijing is one of the most delicious things i've eaten in my life.

Chinese food is diverse and delicious. The Chinese restaurants in USA have change somethint in orde 头meets the tast of american... so to eat authentic Chinese food,you can go to China, you'll love Chinese food.

Back
Top Bottom