What's new

The Month of Fasting

Mansoor

Sempai
4 Mar 2016
This month is the month of fasting in the Islamic countries. The most of Muslims are fasting and they don't eat and drink anything from dawn till sundown. Fasting is an obligation from God to human and it is one of his best gifts to people.
Sadly you don't know what is fast and how much it is good. The health of body is the smallest part of its reward and the greatest part of it, is that you grow spiritually, get close to light and become strong, willful, light and happy.
In the fast, you have to fight with hanger and thirst during a day and engage with yourself, your desires and usual habits. It is like a crude iron that changes into a hard steel. Of course fast is not like an usual hanger and thirst that may someone experiences. It has a wonderful light and heavenly effect that is not understandable except for those who fast based on God's order and tradition.
Unlike what somebodies think, fast is not very hard and intolerable. The most of the hours of the day you don't feel hanger and thirst very much but you become happy that you can prevent yourself of eating and drinking! This ensure you and gives you an enjoyable faith and happiness. Your mind become free from many troublesome thoughts and cares.

I believe fast is a hidden treasure that I don't compare it with any other individual gift. Sadly I couldn't fast 17 days of the inimitable month, because of a cause ( I had a surgery months ago and supposed that I am not able to fast, but from three days ago I started fasting experimentally and now feel very good- Despite I am hungry, a little thirsty and feel a little weakness but I am very happy, light and agile. This is the feeling that I wished always. deliverance from all disturbing thoughts and sadness and feel spiritual strength and lightness.)

There is a quote that says, "Those who are fasting are the guests of God" ( God welcomes them with hardships of Ramadan " month of fast")

In the sundown that a Muslim finish his fast with a cool syrup, warm milk or the other drinks and also eats some delicious foods is the best and most joyful moments. He enjoys eating and drinking so, that nobody can experiences in the lunch and evening times.

Last edited:
No drug is comparable with fasting! Those drugs trap you and infect your body and brain. Drug is earthy but fasting (based on God's order) is heavenly. fasting cleans your body and brain, strengthen your spirit, will and character.
Of course these are the worldly rewards of fasting that most of people believe in, and the higher rewards are for another world.

Alright, have a good Ramadan. Not sure what else there is to say here :)

Well, the day finished, and it is the beginning of the night now.
After sundown I was thirsty and before anything I drank a glass of warm water mixed with fresh lemon and sugar, and the minutes later I drank two glasses of cool juice. They revived me!
Half of hour ago, I ate a dish of fried shrimps with fresh bread ( the shrimps were belong Persian Golf that are very tasty). Now I am full and happy and give thanks to God.

My friend is fasting too and she stopped taking antibiotics because she can't swallow them without water. Her imam said a tooth infection is not severe enough to make an exception! o_O

Google has a lot of information on dealing with medication and illnesses during fasting that is interesting and informative. It seems sometimes the doctor's advice wins and sometimes the religious leaders advice wins , but there were a lot of ways to handle health issues mentioned on Google.

My friend is fasting too and she stopped taking antibiotics because she can't swallow them without water. Her imam said a tooth infection is not severe enough to make an exception! o_O
That doesn't make sense. She could take them in the evening after breaking fast.

Back
Top Bottom