What's new

Super amazing delicous moist snickerdoodle cookie

29 Jun 2014
So I was talking with one of my Minecraft server players, and he asked me if I learned how to say ^^topic title.

I gave him "スーパ強い美味しいモイストスーニカドーダルクーキー".

He wanted to post it on some random Japanese site, so I offered to post it here. Of course, I don't make topics for no particular reason, so here's a question; obviously there's a better way to say it, but how would that go, then? I need to find out how to merge 強い and 美味しい, and also turn モイスト into an actual Japanese word. Also, for something as unfamillar as "snickerdoodle", how would that be written in Japanese?

Last edited by a moderator:
(I just edited the original post; to see why consult Mike's link).

Have you learnt how to chain adjectives together yet? For i-adjectives you need to form the 〜くて form - take away the last い
小さくて可愛い子猫 = a small, cute kitten

For cookies you have サクサク (crunchy) vs. しっとり (moist/soft). As a modifier you write しっとり(と)したクッキー. (It's not an "na" or "i" adjective as normally defined in textbook).

Katakana is used for names of foreign foods (On ja.wikipedia.org I found the spelling スニッカードゥードル ). People might not necessarily recognise what it is, of course. Either define the word when you use it, or take the risk that people will go "what's that when it's at home?", particularly for long

Lastly, 超すごい as a unit might work for "super amazing".

Another option for "moist cookie" is しっとりタイプのクッキー.
I've never heard スニッカードゥードル. After googling it, I guess it might resemble カントリーマアム, which is a popular brand of cookie in Japan, so カントリーマアムみたいなクッキー might be able to work as "snickerdoodle cookie", jimo.

カントリーマアム - Wikipedia
不二家チョコチップクッキー カントリーマアム
(all in Japanese)

Interesting. I've never seen that brand before, and technically I've never heard of a snickerdoodle cookie either. I don't think I'll put that brand's name in the sentence though, since I'd like to avoid that kind of thing. But thanks.

No, I haven't learned to chain adjectives yet. I'll keep that in mind, although I don't think I've ever seen adjectives chained before, which is maybe why I am unfamilar with it.

「超凄くて美味しいしっとりとしたスーニカートヴードルクーキー」is my updated revision. Would this be correct, guys? I understand how the Adverbial noun using と works, but I'm not sure whether or not to chain the 美味しい as well. It still seems that something is wrong in there.

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the help so far.

ニッカードゥードルクキー, not スーニカートヴードルクーキー.

The clause 超凄くて美味しい shows that 超凄い and 美味しい are both modify クッキー individually, but actually 超凄いクッキー doesn't make much sense. Doesn't your friend mean "super amazingly delicious"?

Back
Top Bottom