What's new

Studying in Kyoto University

From what I have gathered from my Japanese colleagues, Kyoto University is among top 3 in Japan (Tokyo Uni, Osaka Uni, Kyoto Uni).
For Japanese it is a high shot, whoever graduates from there, everybody in their offices know he/she is very smart.

From what I have gathered from my Japanese colleagues, Kyoto University is among top 3 in Japan (Tokyo Uni, Osaka Uni, Kyoto Uni).
For Japanese it is a high shot, whoever graduates from there, everybody in their offices know he/she is very smart.
Yes that's true. Hence I want to know what's the benchmark that I need to achieve to enroll. I tried to search but couldn't find much on the entrance exam details. I'm also planning to write to the university. But just thought of checking with people in this forum.

You need to look here:
Admission Guidelines - 京都大学経営管理大学院

Because of the degree type, admission will not be based on an entrance exam. Statistics on the jp side of the site show they had 60 applicants and accepted 14 (in 2014). Side note: number of applicants for this course has been consistently trending up since it was introduced (31, 43, 48, 60).

Your answers to the "Education and Professional Plans" document which is part of the application pack are likely to be make-or-break here.

You should also get a move-on given application needs to arrive during very specific dates in August and you will need to get transcripts, recommendation letters, and depending where you graduated from, possibly some documentation on your English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or a certificate stating your degree course was taught in English).

You need to look here:
Admission Guidelines - 京都大学経営管理大学院

Because of the degree type, admission will not be based on an entrance exam. Statistics on the jp side of the site show they had 60 applicants and accepted 14 (in 2014). Side note: number of applicants for this course has been consistently trending up since it was introduced (31, 43, 48, 60).

Your answers to the "Education and Professional Plans" document which is part of the application pack are likely to be make-or-break here.

You should also get a move-on given application needs to arrive during very specific dates in August and you will need to get transcripts, recommendation letters, and depending where you graduated from, possibly some documentation on your English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or a certificate stating your degree course was taught in English).
ねこじたさんありがとうございます。I also want to know the standard process for the economics & finance courses. Do you have any idea? . Also any idea how the life is in imperial universities?sorry for troubling much. I feel bit shy to ask my friends in japan as they might think that I'm asking many questions. ごめんなさい。

I also want to know the standard process for the economics & finance courses. Do you have any idea?
I have no idea what you mean by this. You attend most classes, listen to a boring lecture, perhaps take a test and make a report and hope to pass the course. What more did you want?

Try searching for online syllabuses.

I have no idea what you mean by this. You attend most classes, listen to a boring lecture, perhaps take a test and make a report and hope to pass the course. What more did you want?

Try searching for online syllabuses.
Sorry for not being clear. All my questions are related to entrance exams & admissions and not what they teach & how they teach because I'm able to find the syllabus details.

Do you speak/read Japanese? Kyoto university offers only a limited range of courses in English, so if you can't find information in English that's why.

入学者選抜実施状況 — 京都大学
Stats are here for undergraduate entrance. For the most recent lot of entries into the economics department, for example, for an entrance exam with a total mark of 800, they list the mean passing mark as 501.48 and the lowest passing mark as 465.

They had 32 foreign applicants for the economics department (see section 6), 10 made it to the exam stage, 6 passed, but only 2 actually appear to have taken up their places (the others had other offers or couldn't met finance/visa requirements, perhaps).

Do you speak/read Japanese? Kyoto university offers only a limited range of courses in English, so if you can't find information in English that's why.

入学者選抜実施状況 — 京都大学
Stats are here for undergraduate entrance. For the most recent lot of entries into the economics department, for example, for an entrance exam with a total mark of 800, they list the mean passing mark as 501.48 and the lowest passing mark as 465.

They had 32 foreign applicants for the economics department (see section 6), 10 made it to the exam stage, 6 passed, but only 2 actually appear to have taken up their places (the others had other offers or couldn't met finance/visa requirements, perhaps).
Thank you so much for replying to my queries. I can read kana. Kanji limited to 100 ~ 120. Thank you very much for sharing this useful information.むずかしですね。Any idea on where I can get the entrance exam syllabus. I swear this will be my last question.

Back
Top Bottom