What's new

Studying in Japan: Scholarship? Help

nyj635

Registered
30 Nov 2017
Hello everybody,
This isn't entirely a travel-related question, but I was actually so lost and didn't know where to seek advice. Well, I am an african citizen born in Japan. I wish to pursue my master degree in Japan, I tried to apply to Japan's universities, but I'm ineligible for the primary scholarship (MEXT). I can't support myself financially. I really don't have any idea how to start. Should I first apply for universities and which one offer english based program or shoud I instead look for financial support ? As I was born in Japan can't I have some privilege ?

Please help I really don't know what to do!!

Thank you very much.

We have a section for that:

https://jref.com/forum/studying-in-japan

Japan should pay for your master's degree just because you were born here?

How's your Japanese? Will you need to be in a program conducted in English or can you handle a program conducted in Japanese? I'm assuming you are interested enough in your own education to already have searched for scholarships in English. Have you also searched in Japanese? That will make quite a difference in the number of schools and potentially a difference in what you might find available to you.

We have a section for that:

https://jref.com/forum/studying-in-japan

Japan should pay for your master's degree just because you were born here?

How's your Japanese? Will you need to be in a program conducted in English or can you handle a program conducted in Japanese? I'm assuming you are interested enough in your own education to already have searched for scholarships in English. Have you also searched in Japanese? That will make quite a difference in the number of schools and potentially a difference in what you might find available to you.

I really didn't mean that Japan should pay for my master program, I am just equiring if I there are some possibilies helping me support myself financially. I am studying japanese and you can say that I am at a beginner level. So, I assume that english based program is more suitable. Thank you very much for your answer.

I really didn't mean that Japan should pay for my master program, I am just equiring if I there are some possibilies helping me support myself financially. I am studying japanese and you can say that I am at a beginner level. So, I assume that english based program is more suitable. Thank you very much for your answer.
Please look at Abe-initiative
It targets Africa for scholarships

Welcome to ABE Initiative

We haven't seen you around here in forever. How have you been? Nice to see you again.
Hi Mike

Thanks for the warm welcome-or re- welcome.

I've been great, thank you. As I hope you've been as well.

Yes I haven't been here in a while-but I usually check back when I see a thread I'm watching (and get an alert) has a new post and then I sort of pop in to see if I have domtething useful to say.

More often than not-I don't have much to add so I just fade away-ha ha

Besides, the veterans like yourself have me wat crushed on useful information, so just a pitter patter.

But since I actually know a little bit about national scholarships, and the processes-I thought I chip in.

Anyway thanks for the warm comments-merry Christmas

Back
Top Bottom