What's new

Songs from "Carmen Comes Home"

EltoDesukane

Registered
7 Nov 2016
What is this song, sung many times in the movie "Carmen Comes Home" (Karumen kokyo ni kaeru, 1951).
It plays at the opening of the movie, and 2 more times later on.
You can hear it here at 02:15:
Lyrics sounds like: "Inoyama no, tsumoto no munayo, ..." (difficult to understand clearly)
Which song is this? Thanks.
--
What is this other song?
It plays in the movies "Carmen Comes Home" (Karumen kokyo ni kaeru, 1951) and "Tree Without Leaves" (Rakuyoju, 1986).
You can hear it here:
Seems to be a circus festival music. Which song is this? Thanks.

1)
That's the theme song of the movie. The title is そばの花咲く Soba no hana saku Buck wheat flowers blossom out, words and music by 木下忠司 Kinoshita Chūji (he is a brother of the directer of the movie 木下恵介 Kinoshita Keisuke).

Japanese lyrics
そばの花咲く/渡辺はま子, 日本ビクター児童合唱団 - 歌詞検索サービス 歌詞GET

2)
That's a shōka (songs sung in school under old education system). The title is 美しき天然 Uruwashiki tennen Beautiful Nature, words by 武島羽衣 Takeshima Hagoromo, music by 田中穂積 Tanaka Hozumi. The melody was indeed used in movies, circus or played by Japanese marching bands, but the lyrics has nothing to do with them.

美しき天然 (唱歌) - Wikipedia
(all in Japanese)

Japanese lyrics
美しき天然 歌詞 島倉千代子 ※ Mojim.com Mojim 歌詞

English translation of the first and second verse
美しき天然 The Beautiful Nature

Thank You very much.
I've been looking those songs for almost a year, without success.
It's name to have a name to put on them.
--
There's also this song unknown to me, quite short, also from "Tree Without Leaves" (Rakuyoju, 1986) @1h08m20s
Do you know it?
It goes "Tsukii wa ka suuru aruu no yo..."

That's ドナウ川のさざなみ Donau-gawa no sazanami Waves of the Danube composed by Ion Ivanovici. The Japanese lyrics was added by 田村貞一 Tamura Teiichi.

Waves of the Danube - Wikipedia

Japanese lyrics (the right one)
ドナウ河のさざ波
Thank You.
I did not expect it would be a classic European waltz.
The movie version sounds a bit different than the waltz version, but I can recognize the melody in it.
From the Wikipedia reference, a version similar to the movie is "Hymn to Death" by Yun Sim-deok,
-- By the way, searching westernized version of foreign Korean names is not easy.
Yun Sim-deok = Yun Sim Deok = Yun-Simduk = Yoon Jin-duk = ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom