What's new

So about the clock in Japanese..

UrbanSamurai

後輩
6 Jul 2014
I just want to know if this sentence is right: ごぜんにじはんです (It's half past two AM).. I think it is, but i need confirmation.

And how do you say, for instance, it's 4 o'clock and 25 mins?

Thank you :)

Okay thank you my friend.. But about ふん, google is translating it as "poop"!!! And "minute" is translated to Japanese as "Bun".. I got lost here!

Aha.. I get it.. And i already don't trust Google translate but it's the only resource i have.. If you could give me the title of some good En-Ja dictionary it'll be very appreciated.

And thanks for the Wiki link :)

Those are pretty good and can be accessed from mobile. However, for my tablet I personally use Jsho (yes, without the i) (I just tested them the other day, and I found like 4 or 5 dictionaries that look gorgeous and work marvelously too, like gSho, "Japanese" and the Weblio one), as it also has a pairing Cdian by the same person. I have a thing for multiple things under the same person with the same styling.

On the desktop I always trust only Denshi Jisho. It uses EDICT like Jsho and a bunch of other dictionaries.
Denshi Jisho - Online Japanese dictionary

They also provide a bookmarklet but it kinda has some spelling errors and stuff. I have OCD about that. So here's my own bookmarklet that I just kinda...oh great I can't paste it here without it screwing up. Never mind.

*EDIT* If you want it, you can PM me your email and I'll send you it.

I don't wanna be a pain.. but those are kinda hard for me, since i don't know any Kanji yet.. but anyways thank you so much. :)

It is fine, haha. They provide results both in Kanji and solely Kana to the right of it. There is also a Romaji option, as I remember. Most dictionaries are like this.

Back
Top Bottom