What's new

LindsayA

Registered
11 Oct 2017
I have an Japanese Akita who is named after Muhammad Ali or Cassius Clay (the famous boxer). Whom they deemed "the greatest of all time."
I love Japanese culture and I wanted to know how to write "the greatest of all time" in kanji and if what I looked up is correct. thank you very much in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170909-204313.png
    Screenshot_20170909-204313.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 178
史上一

Or

史上一番

That's not a sentence, by the way. In either language.

Wasn't it Ali himself who gave himself that appellation?

I wonder how many Muslims would like having a dog named after them...or having a dog with the same name as their Prophet. What's wrong with "Fido"?

Last edited:
For the record, in combattence to your rude reply.. My dog is not named Muhammad. He is simply called "Cass." Short for Ali's original birth name. I would have never named him Mahammad. But thank you for your uncalled for remark.

Yes, Ali did call himself that before he was the greatest, however, he did in fact soon become the greatest. That's one of his most famous quotes, addressing that very fact.

Excuse me for not using the correct word. Let's call it a "phrase" then, instead of a sentence. Since I'm too incompetent to understand the meaning of sentence structure by your standards.

I simply wanted to know a translation of the phrase. I didn't know this forum was supposed to be about who could have the snarkiest reply.

You forgot to include where I said or Cassius Clay

I didn't forget; i intentionally left it out as irrelevant.

In normal English usage the reader would expect the first item to be the relevant item, with the subsequent item serving as clarification or amplification. Don't blame me if you have trouble expressing yourself clearly in English.

No matter. Your crude comment was utterly avoidable. Even though I worded things to where you misunderstood what I was trying to say; there was no need for you to blast my post with your not so nice comments. All that was needed was translation help.

I apologize that your intellect is so much more superior than mine. It's sad people feel the need to go out of their way to belittle others. Maybe you can now feel better about yourself having blasted my simple post. Have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom