What's new

Simple Jikoshoukai (Introduction) in simple Japanese for scholarship interview!

Samuri

Registered
27 Jul 2016
Hello, everyone! New here.

I'm currently taking MEXT research student scholarship test and have already reached to final interview stage. Since I said I have some basic Japanese proficiency in application form, I'm expected to answer a question or two in Japanese (Self-introduction has very high chance).

So, I have prepared some simple sentences in mind for Jikoshoukai and come here hoping for some help about it. So far, I have only got Hajimemashite (we might be well in the mid of interview duration already so is it really ok to say that?) "(my name) to moshimasu" and "(my age) sai desu". I want to say something like "Since I am still learning Japanese, I can only speak a little" but I don't really know how to make it sound like a natural sentence. Other additions such as "Shumi wa (_____)" and "Ima wa ryugaku suru tameni gambatteimasu" are also though up but more simple Jikoshoukai-ish sentences suited for Scholarship Interviews at Japanese Embassy will be of great assistance for me.

Thanks for your attention!

we might be well in the mid of interview duration already so is it really ok to say that?
If it's the first time you really meet them, yes, it works fine.

I want to say something like "Since I am still learning Japanese, I can only speak a little" but I don't really know how to make it sound like a natural sentence.
I would say 今は日本語を勉強しているところなので、まだ少ししか話せません。

Other additions such as "Shumi wa (_____)" and "Ima wa ryugaku suru tameni gambatteimasu" are also though up but more simple Jikoshoukai-ish sentences suited for Scholarship Interviews at Japanese Embassy will be of great assistance for me.
How about "the reason why you want to study in Japan"?

For my MEXT interview they asked me to do this - it was the only question they asked in Japanese. I said my name, age, where I am currently studying my masters, what kind of research I am doing for my master's thesis, where I had studied for my undergraduate, and why I was applying for the scholarship (I want to work on a particular experiment in Japan). I probably only said 7 or 8 sentences.

Even if your Japanese is basic you can mention which university you are currently studying at, and which subject you study (or which you studied in the past). You could say "[university name] daigaku de [subject] o benkyou shite imasu"

You can finish your self-introduction with "yoroshiku onegai shimasu".

Back
Top Bottom