What's new

Ryusendo Cave and Miyako

SimonSan

後輩
17 Feb 2015
Hello!

Yet another set of questions: I'm thinking to go from Tokyo to Ryusendo (using the JR pass for the train to Morioka Station and bus to Ryusendo) and from there go to Miyako (bus to Omoto Station and Sanriku train).

1) Is it possible to do it in one day, if I arrive to Mirioka at morning?
2) If I have a JR Pass, where do I get a ticket to the bus to Iwaizumi/Ryusendo?
3) Is it ok to buy the tickets to the bus to Omoto and train to Miyako just before the departure?

お願いいたします!
Simon

P.S. I apologize for starting another tread, but they all deal with different places, and would be easier to find for other travellers. If the Admins prefer to concentrate them - go ahead.

The route which goes to Ryusen-do Cave in a day from Tokyo.
1.Tokyo 6:32 (Hayabusa No.1) Platform 23 -> Hachnome(Aomori) 9:21
Hachnome(Aomori) 10:07 ,JR Hachinohe line [for Kuji] Platform 2 --> Kuji 11:50
Kuji 12:13 ,Sanriku Railway northern lias line [for Miyako] ---> Omoto Station 13:18
" Bus"
Omoto Station 13:23 ----> Ryusendo 13:49

"Return"
" Bus"
http://www.town.iwaizumi.iwate.jp/images/stories/bus/H27.3.14omoto.pdf
Ryusendo 17:26 ----> Omoto Station 17:53

The return stays in Hachinohe or Morioka

Last edited:
dang, you're gonna go on a daytrip from Tokyo to Aomori? Seems like such a waste to go all that way and not spend a couple days up there

The route via Morioka cannot get on a bus from Omoto, To arrive at Omoto at 13:48.
The next bus going to Ryusendo from Omoto is 14:24.
Ryusendo closes it at 17:00.
龍泉洞・ご利用案内

If it's in Japanese, I can explain better, I am sorry.

Last edited:
My original plan was to start the day in Tokyo and finish in Miyako, going back on the other day.

But now I thinking of arriving to Morioka, spanding there a night and from there head up to the cave and stay in Miyako or even back to Tokyo.

Back
Top Bottom