What's new

Replacement Update Info

KShuku

後輩
11 Jul 2014
Hello,

I understand if this ends up being too long to translate (for which I apologize in advance) but understanding the information on this site has a deadline for which I can reply, so I am not sure who else I can turn to.

Basically the company A-Plus had a dye transfer problem with one of their pvc figures. Most people had this problem occur with their product (including myself) and they posted a blog entry detailing that people should e-mail them with their contact information as well as pictures of the damaged figure so they could send replacements. This all went fine and I heard back from them saying they would send a replacement (albeit in a seemingly automated message).

This was about a month ago and A-Plus just recently posted another update regarding it here: rhfyou

The problem this time is that the update text is in a picture so I can't use any sort of machine translation to assist me in understanding it. I had a friend help me translate it at first, but all he got was that the exchange period was going to last until July 14th and that people needed to send their Name, Contact Number, Name of store for which they bought the product, a picture of the damaged product, and send this information to their e-mail at [email protected].

This is pretty much the same from the original update (asides from the deadline) so now I am worried there is some important information in the parts he couldn't translate.

If anyone can help me translate this information, I would really appreciate it. I definitely wouldn't need a word for word translation, just any important information and the overall gist of what the update is regarding would be great. I hope someone here can assist me.

Thank you.

Last edited:
It doesn't say the replacement period lasts until the 14th, they are just informing people that they are intending to ship the replacements from the 14th (they will send them as and when replacement goods are available).

There's also some stuff about re-contacting them if you didn't get a reply email to your original request for a replacement, using the second email address listed. If you did get one back, you're golden.

(Although you don't mention it, a required piece of information they list is postal address for obvious reasons - you did send that originally?)

Thank you for replying nekojita. Starting to ship the replacements on the 14th is definitely different than the replacement period ending then, so thank you for clearing that confusion.

About the re-contacting them thing. Oops. When my friend had translated it, I decided to send the information to them again as a reply to the e-mail I had received from them (as proof that I had heard from them prior). I wanted to make sure they didn't receive it after the replacement period (which I now know isn't a thing). I had used the first e-mail again, but hopefully it won't cause any problems.

Is there any mention regarding only doing replacements with customers living in Japan? That was one worry I know other people with the issue were worried about, but I had made sure to clearly state that I was in the US in my very first e-mail and they said they would send it. The fact that the reply seemed some-what automated (with English responses but the Japanese equivalent below each response in parenthesis) had me worried a little in regards to if they would be sending one to me or not given my location.

I also was sure to include my postal address in both my original e-mail (the one they replied to) as well as the second one I sent so there should be no issue there.

Thanks again for replying and clearing some facts up. I really appreciate it.

The only difference between the new information and the previous text version is an information that they'll start sending replacements on July 14. So I think you don't need to worry about your situation (you are in the US) since they replied they would send it previously.

ThanksToritoribe. Hopefully the second e-mail I had sent (which I referred to above) doesn't cause any complications, but otherwise I'm glad to know everything seems fine and the update doesn't indicate any other potential problems.

Just got an email today from the company. It was the following:

Dear : (name)

Thank you for your contact.
(ご連絡頂き有り難うございます)

I ship the replacement yesterday.
(昨日、交換品をEMSで出荷致しました)

EMS NO, (EMS Tracking number here)

Please be patient.
(商品到着までもう暫くお待ち下さい)

A+ Customer Service Center

I verified that the tracking number was good and the latest event today was that it dispatched from their outward office of exchange. So the replacement was indeed shipped on July 14th and they definitely seem to be helping me regardless of the fact that I don't live in Japan. Thank you again for helping me with the translation. I really appreciate it.

Glad to know everything goes well! Many people drop by this forum, ask something, and say nothing about the result at the end. I'm (and I believe "we are") very happy to be able to help you.:)

Back
Top Bottom