What's new

Recommendations

Nausicaテ、 of the Valley of the Wind,
Tonari no Totoro and Princess Mononoke (Mononoke hime) are Miyazaki Hayao's movie.
Miyazaki Hayao and 'Studio Ghibli' anime are excellent!
Laputa: The Castle in the Sky(Tenku no shiro Laputa) is my favorite.

hey! one of my favorites, the Tanuki story is not on the site!

Heisei Tankui pon toko .... or something like that!!

errrrrrrr

I would not consider those good recommendations.

But, I definitely have to disagree with Dragon Ball and Slam Dunk.

Shinmeiryu,

is there anything in particular you would recommend anime newbies to watch? I'm still a beginner myself.
:)

I absoulutely love Miyazaki. Laputa used to be my favorite until I saw Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi. :)

My friend who loves history admired 'Mononoke hime.'
I feel Miyazaki Hayao's message or his moralism
from 'Mononoke' strongly.
Too strong...I feel.
But that movie is excellent,I think.

As for my favorite...
Laputa.
I love fantasy.
It is beautiful story.:)

Yes it is, I loved Dora haha. :) The legend of Laputa and the Levistone were also interesting.

Originally posted by thomas
Shinmeiryu,

is there anything in particular you would recommend anime newbies to watch? I'm still a beginner myself.

Some of my recommendations:

NOIR - Though it might be an acquired taste, you will either love it or think it's boring. The storyline is more based off of European film noir with two female assassins. The soundtrack and the plot as a whole is astounding in my opinion.

Hikaru No Go - A boy's growth as he becomes involved in the hobby world of Go. I think it's also still one of the more popular manga in Japan.

X TV Series - One of CLAMP's more popular titles. This series does the incomplete movie its justice and definitely extends more into the plot between the Seven Dragons of earth and heaven that determine the fate of the world.

Fruits Basket - An award winning shoujo manga last year, and the anime was just as good.

.hack//sign - Same director and music composer from NOIR, and this one is based off those Mass Multiplayer Online RPG games (look up Everquest).

Inuyasha - Personally think it's Rumiko Takahashi's best manga series adapted to anime.

For movies:

Aa! Megami Sama: The Movie - Visually the best movie I've seen.

Miyuki, shinmeiryu, thanks for your recommendations!
🙂

Originally posted by Shinmeiryu
NOIR - Though it might be an acquired taste, you will either love it or think it's boring. The storyline is more based off of European film noir with two female assassins. The soundtrack and the plot as a whole is astounding in my opinion.

Yes,Shinmeiryu is totally right.
Noir is one of the best anime out there.
It rules.

Try it.

My favourite series is NGE all the way.:)

Ayashi no Ceres
Gensomaden Saiyuki
RAVE (groove adventures rave)
Vandread
Rurouni Kenshin
Sister Princess

Back
Top Bottom