庠序…
学校を設け為してもって これを教う
庠は養なり 校は教なり序は射なり夏には 校といい殷には 序といい
周には 庠といい学は 則ち三代 これを共にす。皆 人倫を明らかにする所以なり。
人倫 上にて明らかにすれば小民 下にて親しむ。
王者 起こること有らば必ず来たりて 法を取らん。
是 王者の師 為るなり

There is also an English translation:
"Establish village schools... to educate the people. Xia for nurturing... Shang for teaching... and Zhou for archery training. The Xia, Shang and Zhou Dynasties... All three dynasties emphasized "learning" and clarifies human morality. When human relationship are clearly understood by those above, people are then kind to those below. Should a True King arise, he will surely take this principle as his model. Then you will become the teacher!"

As I understand it is from some philosophic book. Maybe, someone can give me a reference to this book or explain the meaning of these words. Thanks!

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Ratings
2 1,538
That's from 滕文公章句上 Teng Wen Gong I by 孟子 Mencius.

Here's a translation by James Legge.
Establish Xiang, Xu, Xue, and Xiao, all those educational institutions, for the instruction of the people. The name Xiang indicates nourishing as its object; Xiao, indicates teaching; and Xu indicates archery. By the Xia dynasty the name Xiao was used; by the Yin, that of Xu; and by the Zhou, that of Xiang. As to the Xue, they belonged to the three dynasties, and by that name. The object of them all is to illustrate the human relations. When those are thus illustrated by superiors, kindly feeling will prevail among the inferior people below. Should a real sovereign arise, he will certainly come and take an example from you; and thus you will be the teacher of the true sovereign.
Mengzi : Teng Wen Gong I - Chinese Text Project