What's new

question on what does this mean

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
4 Sep 2015
The Japanese city govt sent out letters the other day for people on low incomes. I'm trying to translate this but I'm not sure what it really means on the application.

Shinsei jukyū-sha

申請? Application
受給者 recipient of benefits

You're not going to be able to translate it. Just post a clear photo of it and we'll give you the gist of it.

申請? Application
受給者 recipient of benefits

You're not going to be able to translate it. Just post a clear photo of it and we'll give you the gist of it.
I got a copy machine with a scanner on it, but I don't know how to use it. This application they sent out to all people in town with little or no income and if you fill out the application, I think it says they pay 30000 yen one time payment. Maybe members here have received the same one from their city and can chime in. I got a Canon MG6530 printer but the instructions are in Japanese. There's probably got to be an American model similar with English manual. I tried to look for one but was not successful at all.

OK, I'm going to try to scan it and translate the stuff that comes up on the little printer screen.
I'll try to have it done in a few hours from now

OK, I'm going to try to scan it and translate the stuff that comes up on the little printer screen.
I'll try to have it done in a few hours from now

I meant you could just take a picture of it....

You have already received a link to an English version of the information, so it is no longer necessary.

I meant you could just take a picture of it....

You have already received a link to an English version of the information, so it is no longer necessary.

Mike, I'll try the phone camera, give me a few minutes and lets see how it turns out.

I think this is the English manual you need for your printer.

Canon : Manuals : PIXUS MG6530 : Select Device

There's a Japanese manual online but I didn't try to compare them. The Japanese quick start guide didn't immediately tell me how to scan that I could see, but I'm sure the full manual discusses it.

Thanks Wonko
I went to the site, but what I need is in Japanese, so I'll try to use Chome and see what happens. But I found a way to take a picture of the application. Again thanks.

Hey guys, I took a copy of all three pages. Here's the photos. If any of you here can kind of lead me into what the Japanese says , I'll do what I can to fill it out. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Again, many thanks.

Attachments

• P9100005.JPG
    P9100005.JPG
    300.6 KB · Views: 148
  • P9100006.JPG
    P9100006.JPG
    300.8 KB · Views: 143
  • P9100007.JPG
    P9100007.JPG
    299.8 KB · Views: 135
What city are you in? There must be some volunteers that can help you.

First page entry points are: application date (heisei year, month, day), name (furigana, then regular), male (already filled out), birth date (covered), phone, current address (covered), the new address.

Second and third pages aren't clear enough for me.

What city are you in? There must be some volunteers that can help you.

First page entry points are: application date (heisei year, month, day), name (furigana, then regular), male (already filled out), birth date (covered), phone, current address (covered), the new address.

Second and third pages aren't clear enough for me.

OK, I'll try to take another picture of them later in the day. Thanks Md.

The second page contains the list of recipients (nothing to add), followed by the way you wish to receive the aid: A. Same as before (not an option), B. Transferred into your bank account, or C. Cash (only if you don't have a bank account).

The third page is about appointing a representative.

The text is too blurry for me to make out more details though.

Here's an English explanation. It's for recipients in Fukuoka City, so the document is not the same as yours, but it would be helpful to understand what you should do.
http://www.isc.kyushu-u.ac.jp/supportcenter/web/wp-content/uploads/sample_en.pdf

You need to attach a copy of your driver's license. If you have a bank account and choose B, a copy of your bank book is also necessary. When you choose C, you need to circle the place you want to receive the cash at; the City Hole or North General Branch Office (Kusunoki Office).

Here's an English explanation. It's for recipients in Fukuoka City, so the document is not the same as yours, but it would be helpful to understand what you should do.
http://www.isc.kyushu-u.ac.jp/supportcenter/web/wp-content/uploads/sample_en.pdf

You need to attach a copy of your driver's license. If you have a bank account and choose B, a copy of your bank book is also necessary. When you choose C, you need to circle the place you want to receive the cash at; the City Hole or North General Branch Office (Kusunoki Office).

Thanks Toritoribe. Looking over it now.

Back
Top Bottom