What's new

Publicized age disparate relationships

Mark of Zorro

先輩
4 Oct 2012
It is a never ending source of disgust for me how people are very quickly judging people by age. Of all the hate based -isms, ageism is just as ugly.

But combating the presumption and the blind hatred requires much more than just words. Actual proof is required even though I think logic should really be quite enough.

On another forum I had a long, long list of age disparate relationships to show that they can and do work and that they are right under our noses and always have been. Well, the list keeps growing and a need a new place to continue, so here it is.

Feel free to add to the list. And never mind if the state of the relationship. I don't. I am not trying to say that age disparate relationships are all peachy. They aren't. But it makes no more sense to be all down on age disparate relationships because some fall apart or are abusive. ANY relationship can be abusive and fall apart! Its not like same age relationships never end, is it?

Celine Dion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Celine Dion was 12 when she met Rene Angelil 38. He became her manager. The official story is that they began a relationship when she was 19. Four years later they got engaged. Three years after that they got married.

I only know this now because it was recently (and apparently falsely) reported that Rene died. The press never reports on happy marriages do they? Never heard a peep that they had problems.

Of course I read the usual comments on Yahoo that he must have been a pedophile. Funny though that I don't think anyone commented on his Syrian/Lebanese origins cause they usually never miss an opportunity like that.

I would love to paste some of the comments here but it seems the net media erased all the false reports of his death and now want to pretend like it never happened. Its scary that people don't notice things like this and it all vanishes without an explanation. But that is another story.

Blunder alert: I just realized the article I saw about Rene was about his HEALTH not his DEATH. I should seriously stop trying to speed read. But hey, at least I did not just edit all that out of this post, and yes, some sites do do that.

Last edited:
Doug Hutchison - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Doug Hutchison married Courtney Stodden when he was 50 and she was 16. Of course the pedo accusation flew like crazy when that happened. Of course we are free to assume what happened before they got married. Anyway, condemnation was widespread and he was generally accused of being a vile abuser.

Then people who knew them started to notice that it was SHE who actually controlled the relationship and he was more like her puppy. Yeah, that is what happens when people assume. They get it all wrong.

Anyway, after two and a half years they announced they were getting a divorce. I am sure supporters of ageism cheered.

Only thing is though, nine months later, August this year, they announced they had reconciled. Oops.

Not going to offer any predictions of a long happy future. But I will just say that lots of couples don't make it this long even when the same age.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aaron Taylor-Johnson, star of Kick @$$, now 24 is married to Sam Taylor-Wood now 47. They married in 2012 when he was 23. This was after the birth of their first child, born in 2010. They started dating in 2009 when Aaron was about 19 and she was about 44.

I only know about this one from reading about Kick @$$ 2. Both really good movies, although the violence and language is pretty extreme.

Estrada sentenced in teen sex case - News - The Daily Reporter - Coldwater, MI - Coldwater, MI

Teodulfo Estrada, 35 of (cough) Coldwater, Michigan

The Mexican national admitted he is "gay." He said the neighbor boy came by his house starting just before he turned 13 and asked about various relationships.

The teen claimed his father had set up the relationship but MSP found no evidence to support the teen's claim, Branch County prosecutor Ralph Kimble said.

What sort of evidence were they expecting to find??

Illich Guardiola - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL!

This guy 41 gets pulled over by nosy cops who have the gall to ask his 16 year old passenger some nosy questions. She admits they are having sex and are in love.

While out on bail he flies her and her mom to Vegas where he marries her as mom acts a witness.

Prosecutors then drop the child sex charges!

LOL!

And I sincerely wish them luck!

Elizabeth Cooper, born Isabel Rosario Cooper, was the mistress of General Douglas MacArthur. They began the affair when she was 16 and MacArthur was about 50. He brought her to Washington D.C. and set her up in an apartment. But the public, the fickle, thoughtless, meddling and selfish public, forced him to send her away.

Interestingly, she starred in a film that featured the first kissing scene ever in a Philippine movie called Ang Tatlong Hambog (1926). She would have been about 12 at that time. There was a bit of controversy about the kissing scene, merely for showing kissing on film. As far as I know, not a second thought was given to her age or that of her counterpart, Luis Tuason, nor their age difference. I assume he was quite a bit older, as it seems he was an amateur boxing trying for the Olympics before this movie, but I cannot find an exact age for him.

A screenshot from the movie:

Luis-Tuason-and-Dimples-Cooper.jpg

Jerry Lee Lewis was 22 when he married his first cousin, once removed, Myra Gale Brown, 13. The marriage lasted for 13 years, from 1957 to 1970, and they had two children. This was his longest marriage of a total of 7 marriages. Myra wrote a book about his early career and their time together and it was made into the movie Great Balls of Fire.

Corbis-DM196.jpg

While the marriage was legal, Lewis got blacklisted, and his music ceased to be played on many radio stations for years. Kind of funny how a guy's music suddenly sounds like crap once you know something about his personal life, ain't it? Its fascinating that the public has treated Roman Polanski, much, much better despite that pig drugging and anally raping a 14 year old girl while she begged for him to stop.

Anyway, those were financially hard times for Lewis because he pretty much got shunned by the world. His live performance fee went from $10,000 to $250. His three year old son drowned during that time, and I have to wonder if his treatment by the public had anything to do with that. Ah, the public. Those judgmental know-it-alls.

Interestingly, his first two marriages occurred when he was a teenager himself. I see conflicting information about the years and the dates though. It seems his first wife was 3 years older.

When Don Johnson was 22, he met Melanie Griffith, 14. When she was 15, they started living together. They were engaged on her 18th birthday, 1975, and married about 5 months later. The marriage only lasted about 6 months. But they remarried 13 years later and were together for 5 years before divorcing again. In that time, they had a daughter, Dakota Johnson.

a7ca5b43b326a4faaa3510e79b873967.jpg

A note: Melanie Griffith did a few nude scenes as a teenager, beginning at 17.

Elvis Presley began dating Priscilla Beaulieu in 1959. She was 14 and he was 24. They dated for 7 and a half years before getting married, but the marriage lasted less than five years. Both had several affairs.

On the bright side, they remained close even after the divorce. leaving the courtroom holding hands.

th

Jerry Lee Lewis was 22 when he married his first cousin, once removed, Myra Gale Brown, 13. The marriage lasted for 13 years, from 1957 to 1970, and they had two children. This was his longest marriage of a total of 7 marriages. Myra wrote a book about his early career and their time together and it was made into the movie Great Balls of Fire.

Corbis-DM196.jpg

While the marriage was legal, Lewis got blacklisted, and his music ceased to be played on many radio stations for years. Kind of funny how a guy's music suddenly sounds like crap once you know something about his personal life, ain't it? Its fascinating that the public has treated Roman Polanski, much, much better despite that pig drugging and anally raping a 14 year old girl while she begged for him to stop.

Anyway, those were financially hard times for Lewis because he pretty much got shunned by the world. His live performance fee went from $10,000 to $250. His three year old son drowned during that time, and I have to wonder if his treatment by the public had anything to do with that. Ah, the public. Those judgmental know-it-alls.

Interestingly, his first two marriages occurred when he was a teenager himself. I see conflicting information about the years and the dates though. It seems his first wife was 3 years older.

Going strictly by Wikipedia, so take the following accordingly:

His longest marriage was that with a later wife, and lasted twenty years.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for that correction Mike Cash! You are correct. His marriage with Myra was only his second longest marriage.

The ages of his other wives seems to be hard to find information. I would love to know, and compare age difference to the length of all the marriages.

But I did find that his longest marriage (the one you corrected me about) began when she was 21 and he was about 49, an age difference of 28 years.

So thanks again. I would have overlooked that important fact too if you had not corrected me.

You are on a roll Mike Cash! Very helpful! That is a major reason why I opened this thread. Did not know that about Groucho, and now I do, thanks to you!

I will make a detailed post about Groucho soon, unless you beat me to it. Feel free.

You are on a roll Mike Cash! Very helpful! That is a major reason why I opened this thread. Did not know that about Groucho, and now I do, thanks to you!

I will make a detailed post about Groucho soon, unless you beat me to it. Feel free.

I wouldn't dream of depriving you. I look forward to your synopsis.

Don't forget Bogie and Bacall.

Last edited:
I would not feel deprived at all. And believe me, I am also interested in your synopsis.

From wiki about Groucho Marx:

"Groucho's three marriages all ended in divorce. His first wife was chorus girl Ruth Johnson. He was 29 and she 19 at the time of their wedding. The couple had two children, Arthur Marx and Miriam Marx. His second wife was Kay Marvis (m. 1945–51), née Catherine Dittig,[11] former wife of Leo Gorcey. Groucho was 54 and Kay 21 at the time of their marriage. They had a daughter, Melinda Marx. His third wife was actress Eden Hartford.[12] She was 24 when she married the 63-year-old Groucho."

He might have said: "I keep getting older, but the girls all stay the same age!"

One could say that Marx was an ageist himself, but in another sense. I don't think its far fetched to say he had no interest or love for middle aged women and older, but it sure seems he expected love from young women even when he was old. The key difference here is that I don't see any evidence of Marx forcing anyone to do anything, or condemning anybody. I think its reasonable to think even at least his second wife had a chance to know the score, and certainly his third did. But they married him anyway. And Groucho himself might not have realized the degree of his own ageism at the time of his first marriage.

If he did realize, well, one might hope he would be up front about it. But if a person does not like a certain type of person, whether that dislike amounts to racism, ageism, sexism, whatever, its ridiculous to expect them to marry a type they dislike.

So anyway, I save my ire concerning ageism for those who use it to condemn and hate others in society or anywhere that does not directly concern them.

"Don't forget Bogie and Bacall."

You are treasure trove my friend! From the Wiki on Lauren Bacall:

"On May 21, 1945, Bacall married actor Humphrey Bogart. Their wedding and honeymoon took place at Malabar Farm, Lucas, Ohio, the country home of Pulitzer Prize-winning author Louis Bromfield, a close friend of Bogart. The wedding was held in the Big House.[clarification needed]

Bacall was 20 and Bogart was 45; thus, she was nicknamed "Baby". They remained married until Bogart's death from esophageal cancer in 1957."

They started dating in 1944 some weeks into the shooting of To Have and to Have Not in which they both starred.

Nat "King" Cole and Gunilla Hutton

George Jessel

Kevin Pollack

小柳ルミ子

荒井注

Back
Top Bottom