What's new

Help Problems finding "Guarantor" for visa

D.EVILGOD

後輩
17 Mar 2017
Frequently Asked Questions | Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan

Q5: As a "guarantor", to what extent do I need to be responsible?
A5: The "guarantor" for the visa application is the person who makes a promise to the head of the embassy / consulate (the Japanese ambassador/ consul-general, etc.) to the effect that the visa applicant will stay legally in Japan. The responsibilities of the guarantor only entails moral responsibilities and does not entail legal responsibilities like that of the "guarantor" in the Civil Code. However, if it is recognized that the guaranteed matters (expenses for the applicant's stay in Japan, return travel expenses, compliance with laws and regulations) have not been performed rightly, that person would lose credibility as a guarantor in subsequent visa applications. However, be aware that if the guarantor or inviting person made a false statement in the documents about their relationship to the visa applicant or the purpose of visit, or if that caused terrorists to enter Japan or crime such as human trafficking, they may be held criminally responsible.

http://www.moj.go.jp/content/000007382.pdf

Hello, I am having great problems finding a "morals guarantor" for my Japanese visas.

Can my overseas company be my guarantor or must my guarantor be a Japanese citizen?

Do I have to pay for a guarantor or rent a guarantor in the worst case scenario?

Cheers

As i stated before, I have $400,000 USD in my bank accounts.

I am just curious as to why no one will want to be my "moral guarantor".

I am just curious as to why no one will want to be my "moral guarantor".

Did you even read your own link?

"However, be aware that if the guarantor or inviting person made a false statement in the documents about their relationship to the visa applicant or the purpose of visit, or if that caused terrorists to enter Japan or crime such as human trafficking, they may be held criminally responsible."

No one who doesn't know you well is going to agree to be held criminally responsible for you. It has nothing to do with the amount in your bank account.

I'm assuming you're trying to enter Japan as a student?
If so then just find a school who sponsor their own students, there are hundreds of them (and you'll probably be better off too because, from my own experience, only small and obscure schools refuse to account for their own students.)

I hope that, with your 400k, you are not also planning to scam/avoid Japanese taxes. You know, while you are doing movie deals on your tourist visa. (btw, 400k won't go far towards any kind of production)

https://assets.kpmg.com/content/dam/kpmg/jp/pdf/jp-en-taxation-in-japan-201612.pdf

Note that Japan and Singapore have a tax agreement/information exchange.

It actually might be nice if they let you stay a while, and then collect from you to support the pension and health system here.

However, be aware that if the guarantor or inviting person made a false statement in the documents about their relationship to the visa applicant ... they may be held criminally responsible.

Do I have to pay for a guarantor or rent a guarantor in the worst case scenario

That's not likely to work -- I doubt that they will consider such a random-person-I-paid-to-be-my-guarantor relationship to be valid. As already mentioned, you should ask your lawyer.

Back
Top Bottom