What's new

Please help Translating - 1 of 4

Video1313

Registered
5 Jun 2015
I have Four signatures that I am trying to determine if its' just their names, or if there is anything else stated on them. These were from:
Haruo Nakajima
Kenpachiro Satsuma
Tsutomu Kitagawa
Shinji Nishikawa
Ignore the 1 of 4, I shrunk all the files to make them fit in one.
Thank you!

Attachments

• Harou.jpg
    Harou.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 133
  • Kenpachiro.jpg
    Kenpachiro.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 142
  • Shinji.jpg
    Shinji.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Tsutomu.jpg
    Tsutomu.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
I couldn't read what they said. I couldn't even tell which one is up/down and left/right. I am not sure if Shinji Nishikawa's signature is even entirely written in Japanese. Having said that, I found all four signatures by searching in the web. I tried to compare them to your jpg files. By comparing them to your pictures, I feel that only their names are in them, not anything else. I will put the links below so you can also take a look at them and decide it by yourself. I feel that being able to read Japanese is not helping here...

Here's the links. Hope these help.
<Haruo Nakajima's autograph>
http://auctions.wing.c.yimg.jp/sim?...ket0525-org-1427562480816305&dc=1&sr.fs=20000

<Kenpachiro Satsuma's autograph>
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3123/3098626986_d28a2138b8.jpg

<Shinji Nishikawa's autograph>
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/aucimg/0/3/8/1/0000770381.jpeg

<Tsutomu Kitagawa's autograph>
http://www.auto-mania.com/shopimages/gmosp046/0000000189912.jpg

I would love to hear about how you got these autographs. I love Godzilla (especially Godzilla in old movies).

I would love to hear about how you got these autographs. I love Godzilla (especially Godzilla in old movies).

First, I appreciate you trying to translate them. I can't read them anyhow so yeah I couldn't tell what they wrote.

As for getting their signatures, my father, now that he's semi-retired, has taken up photography as a hobby and is an amateur photographer. He's got extremely nice camera's, which admittedly he goes on and on about and it's pretty much Greek to me, so I just smile and nod and say "very nice!" whenever he seems to be expecting some sort of reaction to whatever his camera does. I never claimed to know anything about cameras at all. So I just try to be polite and let him go on about his passion.

So, to that end, I've started taking them places and seeing things I've always done but he never understood why. I started him at a Renaissance festival and he absolutely loved it. Got lost taking photos a few times (all day actually) and had to go find him, and he and my mother kept getting separated and lost so I spent most of my time trying to round them up. It was like herding two hyper active kids who were on to much sugar. Still, very enjoyable. After that, I decided this year, since we haven't done anything in a while, I'd take them to a convention near them. Found out the Dallas Fan Expo was going on and asked if they'd be interested in seeing something similar, yet very very different to the Ren Fair. Then I looked up who was going and found out all three of those guys would be there. Having been a huge Godzilla fan my entire life (it's pretty much the only items my friends can get me where they know I won't have it (I tend to buy whatever I need myself), and even if I do, I won't care cause I'm still going to love it)., as soon as I heard they were going, I told my folks I was going even if they hadn't. I spent three days going through every Godzilla Item I had trying to decide what would be best to get signed, and re-thinking, thinking again, restarting etc, my Folks, when they'd call weren't "as" enthusiastic, even asking if we wanted to see the local Zoo (they weren't sure what a Comic Convention was like and if it was going to be an hour thing or a coupe hours). So when we got there on Friday, it was a complete Shock for my folks. I, myself, went immediately to find if these guys were around, and they were. So, very short line at the time, managed to get them to sign the slipper. The first day, Nishikawa had gone to the restroom when I was there, so I didn't get his autograph. But, the Godzilla slipper itself shocked all three, Nakajima, Satsuma, and Kitigawa, as I guess they had never seen anything like it. Kitigawa, in trying to figure out what it was, tried it on to realize it was a slipper. They were all very nice, interactive though they didn't speak much English so their translators were helping a bit. They were very personable and just all around great people. Encouraging folks to take photos with them (most of the celebrities would not allow you to even take their photo while signing, where as they were pulling people being their tables to get photos with them). Nakajima was not as active, his assistant was helping him a fair amount, but he was still a very nice man who, I think he was more tired from age than anything else. Got to spend a bit of time with them "talking" through the translators, and then had my official photo op with them Saturday (thought I was still buzzing about meeting them Friday). After that photo op, I went to get the picture signed and Nishikawa was there, so was able to get him to sign the slipper as well, and was able to get one of his hand drawn pictures of Gaigan (my personal favorite) and Hedorah as well. Got to interact with them a few times Saturday, they were just amazing and friendly. Very good times. My folks ended up having a great time as well, and my father got well over 500 images of different costumes and such, including a hand-made Godzilla suit that took the gentleman 8 months to create. So now my folks are wanting to go to more conventions as well.

Oh, so those are slippers! Interesting. I had to chuckle reading about your parents getting lost and stuff. Sounds like you have very charming parents. Also, you seem like a very good person who is always thinking about your parents. Great to hear you had a wonderful time in Dallas Fan Expo, and people at the expo were very nice to you.

Yeah, a better picture of the slipper (only had one signed in this case) as well as the other items signed from there:

Attachments

• IMG_2290.JPG
    IMG_2290.JPG
    555.5 KB · Views: 156
Back
Top Bottom