What's new

Please help me with this translation

googleme

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! :)
I'm currently doing a short Japanese course to prepare myself when I go there for exchange and I'm a bit stuck with some of the translation that I need to do. The topic is '買い物'.
I need help with the following phrases (from English to Japanese):
1. 'My order has not been dispatched.'
I attempted to do this one and got this: 私の注文はまだ派遣していません - is this correct?
2. 'When will my order be dispatched?'
This one I used Google translator and got this: ときに私の注文が発送されますか? - which didn't really make sense so I tried to jumble it around and got this: 私の注文はいつ発送されますか?

Advice and help on these translations are much appreciated! Thank you in advance! :)

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Reaction score
Unlike "order" in English, 注文 only refers to an action "giving an order", and can't mean "article/goods on order" in Japanese. You need to use 注文品, 注文の品 or like that. I would use 私の注文した品 in your case.

Is there any reason you use two different Japanese verbs (派遣する vs 発送する) for "to dispatch" in the two examples?

googleme

Registered
Reaction score
Unlike "order" in English, 注文 only refers to an action "giving an order", and can't mean "article/goods on order" in Japanese. You need to use 注文品, 注文の品 or like that. I would use 私の注文した品 in your case.

Is there any reason you use two different Japanese verbs (派遣する vs 発送する) for "to dispatch" in the two examples?
Opps, my bad~~
It's suppose to be 発送する.
Thanks.

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Reaction score
As in your name, google suggests you already got answers, right? It also seems to explain the reason why you used different Japanese verbs for the same English verb, and the translation of #2 is far better than #1. Anyway, I would say;

先日発注いたしました商品がまだ到着いたしておりません。発送も行われていないように思われます。発送予定日がいつになるかお教え願えませんでしょうか。